Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cologny info...

Gents,
    I know one or two of you have Cologny (including the Balboa variant) watches, and we've possibly had doubts about when they were produced. I assumed late 1970s into the 1980s, but just came upon proof that they were available in Japan as early as Spring 1973.

Here is a catalogue page from May of '73 (I'm looking into obtaining this pamphlet), which shows both the red mineral dial Cologny and the white dial Cologny Balboa:

Note also the Space Flight and Electrosonics.

I've updated my model page:

Thanks Brad, I don't have the white /silver Balboa variant but this infers that it probably predates the two tone white dial and also the gold /brown textured dial as they aren't shown here.

Comment

The red is not mineral dial. I have posted about one with a damaged dial a few years back. But again I can confirm that the red one is painted
      https://www.instagram.com/the_rado_collector/

Comment

In the Japanese catalogues I have the Colognys do not make an appearance until 1974. One model is referred to as the Cologny Star.
        See my collection slideshow at
        http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

Originally posted by pecardoso View Post
          The red is not mineral dial. I have posted about one with a damaged dial a few years back. But again I can confirm that the red one is painted
          Thanks for that info--I do not recall that post.
          I'll have to take a closer look at the example I used to own. It looked thicker than a painted dial to me...and I seem to recall there was a similar texture but another color variant I've spotted. When Fototime is restored (hopefully with no loss of my photos), I'll give them some scrutiny.

Comment

Working...
          X