Funky Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funky Friday

I flew back to Oman on 18th November, an auspicious date, it being the country’s National Day and its 50th anniversary so a big one. To celebrate my negative test on arrival and as I am quarantining this got a rare outing (around the house). It’s a 1974 18k Rolex Day Date commissioned by the late Sultan and bearing his Arabic signature on the dial.

19806861-A6C5-451D-AE0F-10B327FEED46.jpeg
    See my collection slideshow at
    http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

A rare and beautiful piece JP, congrats on the negative test.

I've been a little square this week.

Last weekend.

Wknd.jpg

Thursday.

Thu.jpg

And today. Have a great weekend everyone and stay safe.

Fri.jpg

Comment

Always a treat when we see one of these.

An honourable mention for your 505 too though.

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Week 2 of our second lockdown has been and gone. It feels like a decidedly relaxed affair in comparison to the first lockdown and I'm not totally convinced that it will prove to have been very effective.
        Plans for Christmas are on hold while the government decide what we will be allowed to do.

I kept this on through the weekend and into this week.

20201117_145308.jpg

I found a 22mm tapered NSA 3 row bracelet in my box which makes this wearable until I can sort out the original bracelet.

20201118_161120.jpg

Have a safe weekend guys.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
          Always a treat when we see one of these.

An honourable mention for your 505 too though.

Thanks mate, neither the Cologny nor the 505 come out very often but, they are firm favourites amongst my Rados. We both like the DS XL but, this week my fascination lies with the lovely chrono, love that bracelet as well. Hope it all works out for your planned Christmas arrangements mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Thanks mate, neither the Cologny nor the 505 come out very often but, they are firm favourites amongst my Rados. We both like the DS XL but, this week my fascination lies with the lovely chrono, love that bracelet as well. Hope it all works out for your planned Christmas arrangements mate.
            Thanks mate. The NSA 3 row looks nice, and is really comfortable, but I'll get the original bracelet back on at some point.
            Hope you enjoyed the family time last week.
            Last edited by scottjc; 11-20-2020, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Was wearing a super dark blue Gemmy (the one on the right) for the last days.
              Have a calm weekend

IMG_20201118_145954.jpg
              Last edited by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.; 11-20-2020, 01:23 PM.
              Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

My week has not been adventurous, so I'm grateful to see the amazing watches you chaps have shared!

Today I will see my daughter again, as she is returning from University...now we just need to find a place to get her tested (no testing sites have a free time slot in the 3 counties around us...it's a shambles here). She's been keeping pretty safe, I believe, but she's around other age 18-22 students, and that demographic have proven themselves to be least compliant with the rules, so better safe than sorry.

My choice all week has been this RGM...built for me in 2003 (IIRC) and a favorite ever since:

At it's last servicing, nearly 5 years ago, FuzzyB and I had RGM swap our rotors, so mine has rose gold with stripes, and his now has the guilloché yellow gold one:

Comment

Wearing this new one all week. Smaller than I expected, and very comfortable on the wrist. Finally got the seller to agree on a good price. Looks to have been worn very little. The perpetual calendar is actually kinda handy. 87B64916-F586-412C-B066-6B7DDB4A5D8F.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
                    Wearing this new one all week. Smaller than I expected, and very comfortable on the wrist. Finally got the seller to agree on a good price. Looks to have been worn very little. The perpetual calendar is actually kinda handy.
                    That's a spectacular find, Kevin!
                    I'm not sure we've had more than one or two of the Planning model in the possession of any EOT member since we first started talking about that model 12-13 years ago.
                    Very rare, especially with the calendar intact. It looks like a museum piece.
                    Congrats!

Comment

It's a long time since we've seen one of those here Kevin, congratulations.

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X