MM Funky Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
    That's a darn good shot of the D-200, Hank.
    I have to choose your Cologny as my favourite of the bunch, though.
    The edges suggest they could cut glass!

And yes, Favre-Leuba is doing a good job mining their archives. They are very expensive, though!
    Thanks Brad and yes, F-Ls are expensive. If they were somewhat more affordable I would consider the Memodepth I posted for the depth gauge and the sheer originality of it, but at

8500 CHF I am out a few thousand CHFs before that. It's back to the coolest KonTiki currently on the market, alll the scuba gear I need, a new underwater camera and airfare for both Mrs K and Ito a place I can use it all for the same price.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
      Hi guys,
      wearing my orange NCC101 today.
      I'm so happy to own it again.
      Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

Frankly I don't know why you ever let that one go.
      Ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
        I'll add another chunky TV Screen to the mix...this arrived a few days ago and I'm sporting it today in memory of Miles:

Also, many thanks to JohnPat for sharing more photos of FL catalogue pages with me.
        I believe this 36000vph model of Sea Raider is from 1972-1973; prior year catalogues do not include the hi-beat Sea Raider.

Miles would be well pleased. It looks like the black one near the fold in the catalogue has the date window at 9 o'clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Manny thanks Henry (sorry about that couldn't resist), I'm discovering that subtle lighting is not easily achieved, not in my house anyway.

This one is rarely seen but much appreciated. And I'm not talking about your wrist, although the same may be said.

Thanks Tim. The Rothorn seems to be getting slightly more wear than it did before.

Most of my indoor lighting comes from one of those flourescent ring magnifier elbow lights with a piece of copier paper taped over it. It's well diffused and easily positionable.

Comment

Most of my indoor lighting comes from one of those flourescent ring magnifier elbow lights with a piece of copier paper taped over it. It's well diffused and easily positionable.
            Thanks for the tip Henry, I'll search the interweb and see if I can find one somewhere nearby.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Henry, I'll search the interweb and see if I can find one somewhere nearby.
              You are welcome. I've been using it for decades. I used to build incredibly detailed formula 1 models and that was what and when I acquired that lamp for.

Comment

I'd like to pick the CC Diastar, but this week there is a clear winner for me.
                Thanks mate.

I faced a similar dilemma with your watches this week but a rare sighting of a Balboa Cologny won the vote.

Cologny by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
                http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Thanks mate, those XL 300's do have a subtle charm all of their own.

This week I'm going with this great shot of what I would think is a fairly rare Diastar.

20200921_133253.jpg
                  Thanks mate. Not many of this dial variant about.

Comment

Ditto!
                    The reason was that JohnPat offered a swap i could not resist back in the day. I badly wanted that Balboa Deluxe Falcon Eye so the orange NCC101 went out of my door..
                    Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post

The reason was that JohnPat offered a swap i could not resist back in the day. I badly wanted that Balboa Deluxe Falcon Eye so the orange NCC101 went out of my door..
                      The one that I own?

WP_20160927_09_56_12_Pro (2).jpg

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
                        Certainly looks familiar
                        See my collection slideshow at
                        http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

Thanks mate.

I faced a similar dilemma with your watches this week but a rare sighting of a Balboa Cologny won the vote.

Thanks Scott. You are definitely right about that being a rare sighting. I do enjoy when it wear it, however.

Comment

Miles would be well pleased. It looks like the black one near the fold in the catalogue has the date window at 9 o'clock.
                            That one has a plaque applied to the dial in place of a printed brand name, so at a glance it looks like a day/date window, but it is not. To my eye, it's a more cumbersome design than the one I have.

Comment

Exactly this one, yes!
                              Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Working...
                              X