Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favre-Leuba Sea Raider -- our old friend Miles would be pleased.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favre-Leuba Sea Raider -- our old friend Miles would be pleased.

Hello friends,
    I just managed to procure something that totally falls into Miles's wheelhouse...a couple seller's photos:

No, it's not a Rado Manhattan V...
    It's a ca. 1970 Favre-Leuba Sea Raider 36000. Those of you who knew him, know he had an affinity for 36,000 bph movements, and funky watches on bracelets.
    This appears to be a quite well-preserved example, with original NSA stepped 3-row.

JohnPat had graciously provided me an image of a promo catalogue from Japan which includes this model (Ref. 36003). Click to see it full-size:

I'll be keen to see how it looks alongside it's contemporary...my Chronometer 36000:

Cheers,
    Brad

Nice one Brad, I’ve got a few 36000’s. Those are usually beat up. That one will clean up nicely.

Comment

Congratulations Brad, that's a nice find.
      The rare stepped NSA is just a bonus.
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

E466262F-8456-4340-B6F3-60F37A30DF29.jpeg

Comment

Excellent Brad, looks like there's very little wrong with that, congratulations.

Comment

Thanks, Tim. This watch definitely doesn't need much attention--perhaps re-brushing of the case and a little polishing to eliminate scratches on the crystal.
            I'm curious to see this has a reference number of 36003 A whereas I have seen others only with 36003.

Comment

I've sent a note to my contact at FL, and hope there will be some reply soon to my questions.
              Meanwhile, here is a siblings photo...

...and a borrowed image of the movement I assume is inside, the hi-beat FL1164 with Triovis fine regulation (based, I've read, upon A. Schild calibre 1687):

Last edited by Watch Carefully; 09-24-2020, 12:05 PM.

Comment

I added a page to my website about this watch. Thanks again to JohnPat for the catalogue images...also, check out the OEM Sea Raider box. I just missed out on the auction!
                :O[

https://www.watchcarefully.com/index...313-fl-sr36000

Comment

Hi Brad,
                  will provide some Manhattan V close up pics and measurements as soon as possible.

Stay tuned..
                  Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Working...
                  X