Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMff

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MMff

    Hi all , Happy Friday. Not much in the way of watches from me this week as I've been away and tbh, have been wearing the same watch for 2 weeks. So instead of watches here's some picks of a little of what I've been up to.

    Started off my visit with a little bit of drifting with my son's in laws........after which there was a BBQ and a Queensland family get together.

    DSC_7924.jpeg



    And later that week my son and I went camping with one our mates at the Sundown National Park, in the border country up in the ranges, an area known as the granite belt. I'd never been there before and it's ruggedly beautiful country.

    DSC_8619.jpeg
    .
    DSC_8630.jpeg
    .
    DSC_8632.jpeg
    .
    DSC_8642.jpeg
    .
    One of the shy and endangered locals, a Black faced Rock Wallaby

    DSC_8660.jpeg
    .
    DSC_8689.jpeg
    .
    DSC_8690.jpeg
    .
    DSC_8696.jpeg

    And the watch I've been wearing all that time is the Blue XL 100 Original Diastar, takes a licki'n, comes up ticki'n and still looks brand new. Have a great weekend all and stay safe.

    DSC_8714.jpg
    Last edited by Tim.; 07-31-2020, 04:14 AM.

  • #2
    Looks like you've had a great week mate, that area looks amazing.
    Not much to choose from this week but you could have done worse IMHO
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

    Comment


    • #3
      With so much going on at home and work I started the week in the same way as I ended last week, with the sister of Tim's 100m Diastar XL.

      20200727_202631.jpg

      I changed on Tuesday, to another Diastar XL, which has had a few issues since it arrived, so I decided to wear it for the rest of the week.

      20200730_100843.jpg

      Have a great weekend and stay safe.
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

      Comment


      • #4
        This week I tried each and every one of these to make sure they are at least running! Second lockdown here, lots of time on my hands, if you excuse the pun.

        7A477C15-BCF9-4BAF-918D-A7D41F4AF0FE.jpeg
        See my collection slideshow at
        http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

        Comment


        • #5
          John, I hope you have handcuffs and a long chain when you carry those cases around.



          blues-brothers.jpg

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tim. View Post
            Tim, welcome back!
            It's been quiet here without you, I suppose we're all pretty busy. Thanks for starting our Miles' day.

            That photo above makes me wish I could visit!

            My week was ordinary...a little bit of the Rado 11821 Chronometer, a little bit of the Bulova Accutron II...except for this:


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tim. View Post



              And later that week my son and I went camping with one our mates at the Sundown National Park, in the border country up in the ranges, an area known as the granite belt. I'd never been there before and it's ruggedly beautiful country.

              DSC_8619.jpeg
              .
              Welcome back Tim. Beautiful countryside. I have to go a long way to see anything like that.

              Solve all your doubts through question mode.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by scottjc View Post
                20200730_100843.jpg

                Have a great weekend and stay safe.
                BUt you did wear this. I really must pick one up one day. It's the top half dozen modern Diastars I don't own.

                Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JohnPat View Post
                  This week I tried each and every one of these to make sure they are at least running! Second lockdown here, lots of time on my hands, if you excuse the pun.

                  7A477C15-BCF9-4BAF-918D-A7D41F4AF0FE.jpeg
                  Wow John! I remember when you used to have big sell offs when you topped 60 watches.
                  Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good day gents! My week has a couple of themes running through it. Any guesses on the most unusual one regarding me?

                    Through the weekend and into Monday, it's no longer quite the default watch, but it will take a lot of years for anything to top it on wrist wear. Hyperchrome Golden Horse chronometer LE

                    20200727_082755.jpg

                    Tuesday, Antea Ks on 1980s NSA ( for the heat), and my Desmond Dekker hat for protection from the outrageous UV Index rating.

                    20200728_082634.jpg

                    Wednesday, Capta in Cook. I figured out the date was wrong by the time I got to work...

                    20200729_083234.jpg

                    Yesterday, the Rothorn.

                    20200730_083353.jpg

                    Today I intended to wear the Diastar 8/1 Tigereye but it occurred to me that since the temperature was stuck in the 90s for much of the week it would be mildly amusing to wear a watch that the same could be said about.

                    20200731_055407.jpg







                    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

                      BUt you did wear this. I really must pick one up one day. It's the top half dozen modern Diastars I don't own.
                      Cheers mate. I'm really enjoying the modern Diastars at the moment, which is a good job given that it's pretty much all I've got.

                      I couldn't figure out your themes but I'm picking the Capta In as my watch of your week.

                      Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
                      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by scottjc View Post

                        Cheers mate. I'm really enjoying the modern Diastars at the moment, which is a good job given that it's pretty much all I've got.

                        I couldn't figure out your themes but I'm picking the Capta In as my watch of your week.
                        Thanks. One theme was semi-obscure- small(ish), steel or ceramic on a bracelet for the heat. The other them wasn't so much about the watches themselves, but the photos...
                        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Capta in cracks me up (who notices or even understands kerning?) but I'm compelled to try to improve it...how is:
                          Captaiin (slightly closer?)?
                          Hmmm...maybe not.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                            Capta in cracks me up (who notices or even understands kerning?) but I'm compelled to try to improve it...how is:
                            Captaiin (slightly closer?)?
                            Hmmm...maybe not.
                            A favourite cartoon of mine.... kerning.png


                            Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 07-31-2020, 03:54 PM.
                            Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by scottjc View Post
                              Looks like you've had a great week mate, that area looks amazing.
                              Not much to choose from this week but you could have done worse IMHO
                              Thanks mate, I did have a great time and as always the XL 100m was up to the challenge.

                              Sorry to hear you've been having issues with this, I hope they're sorted now, it looks great anyway.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X