Manhattan listing on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manhattan listing on Ebay

I found this Manhattan listed on Ebay and I would like to ask the group for their opinions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RADO-Watch-M....c100010.m2109

Has anyone bought from this seller in the past? The seller has a lot of listings and I think I've seen Rados offered in the past.

Does this watch look salvageable as presented? I've never tried polishing scratches out of a case or a crystal but I think it's something I could research. I'd rather tackle cosmetic issues than mechanical issues.

Any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure that I've bought from this particular seller, but the watch appears to be genuine, if a little well used. It doesn't look like it's been polished, the lines are still pretty sharp, but it's a pity about the damage on the corners, particularly on the bottom RHS, other than that there's what looks a bit of a rust stain on the bottom LHS of the crystal inside and also some corrosion on the case back. All in all it's okay, but it doesn't want to get too expensive, and I think you will find better if you're patient and keep looking, just stay away in general from the sub continental sellers and also the brightly coloured, too perfect to be true offerings from the UK.
    Polishing can be done, but you've got to be very careful to keep it flat against the planes so you don't round off the edges and loose the sharpness, less is best and I don't know that you'd be able to cover the damage on that RHS corner, having said that, you may be able to make it into a perfectly acceptable watch to wear, photos tend to accentuate damage that you'd hardly notice when wearing it.
    Last edited by Tim.; 07-12-2020, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
      I'm not sure that I've bought from this particular seller, but the watch appears to be genuine, if a little well used. It doesn't look like it's been polished, the lines are still pretty sharp, but it's a pity about the damage on the corners, particularly on the bottom RHS, other than that there's what looks a bit of a rust stain on the bottom LHS of the crystal inside and also some corrosion on the case back. All in all it's okay, but it doesn't want to get too expensive, and I think you will find better if you're patient and keep looking, just stay away in general from the sub continental sellers and also the brightly coloured, too perfect to be true offerings from the UK.
      Polishing can be done, but you've got to be very careful to keep it flat against the planes so you don't round off the edges and loose the sharpness, less is best and I don't know that you'd be able to cover the damage on that RHS corner, having said that, you may be able to make it into a perfectly acceptable watch to wear, photos tend to accentuate damage that you'd hardly notice when wearing it.
      Thank you for the detailed and thorough answer. I really appreciate the advice.

Comment

Working...
      X