Rather large Golden Horse Incoming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rather large Golden Horse Incoming!

I'm stoked to have just won this uncommon late 1960s GH Sport, with a really slick bracelet!
    Not sure of the Ref # yet...possibly 11743/1. I believe this has a 36mm case (not counting crown), so it a bit larger than most.
    Seller's photos:

Font with bracelet.jpg

bracelet clasp.jpg
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 06-30-2020, 09:08 AM.

Congrats Brad. That looks to be in decent shape and just in need of a good clean.
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

48C0C914-9B90-48FB-8226-47CCB7AF6F70.jpeg I saw that one too, Brad. The bracelet caught my eye. Mine is on a more traditional one.

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
        I saw that one too, Brad. The bracelet caught my eye. Mine is on a more traditional one.
        Bidding was intense over the last couple days...It cost me 33% more than I had hoped, but I think the bracelet itself is worth most of what I paid.

I'm curious about the hour markers...the ones on the item I just bought seem to have lost a bit of their sheen.
        It's hard to discern what they are meant to look like--are they partially polished (per perhaps chrome-plated) and partially brushed?

Comment

It arrived...

The markers are tarnished and the dial has some areas of patina, but it's a darn nice looking GH Sport.
          It came on a fantastic bracelet (diver's extension and some nice sculpted links):

So, you may believe this is sacrilege, but:

I finally found a case that fits the 56-H B gold dial.

Comment

Success at last. That looks great! Gotta love it when you do a match like this.

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
              Success at last. That looks great! Gotta love it when you do a match like this.
              Thanks!
              Three of the four are recased now. Series 1, 2, 3:

This other series 1 remains:

Now that I see these all together, I bet it would look better to put the gold dial in the gold-plated case and the silver dial in the GH Sport case...
              Last edited by Watch Carefully; 07-07-2020, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Congratulations Brad, that's a really cool combination.

Comment

Working...
                X