Spacewing lookalike.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacewing lookalike.

Saw this posted on a Facebook group today. I thought it might be a franken but the owner says it’s case back says it’s a Citizen 1979. Thoughts 13E9AACE-4EE0-4C7A-8208-A8645FF3B87F.jpeg

It's not a Spacewing case. The wings angle too sharply. The Spacewing's case describes an arc. Kind of a surprise that Citizen would be copying a physically huge ten year old design that late in the 70s. One would think they'd be copying the small slim Alpines by then.

PC041756 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

[QUOTE=Henry Krinkle;n589642]...Kind of a surprise that Citizen would be copying a physically huge ten year old design that late in the 70s. One would think they'd be copying the small slim Alpines by then.

Agreed. Perhaps it is ref. 1979 instead of a watch from that year. It looks so very 1970-1972, IMO.
      Last edited by Watch Carefully; 06-22-2020, 05:51 PM.

Comment

It looks much smaller than a SpaceWing and certainly lacks the presence.
        http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

I just thought it looked a lot like one. Never saw one like it. Caught my attention. Not nearly as bold a design but kinda interesting nonetheless.

Comment

Spacewing Lookalike, redux...

Very similar case, and AS movement:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X