Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something incoming as potential donor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something incoming as potential donor...

I struck separate deals at the end of last week for a couple pieces which I am hopeful will be suitable homes for two loose Rado 56-H dial/movement assemblies I own. Wish me luck!

2.jpg 1.jpg

If they don't work out, at least they are presentable and kinda cool. I suspect I can sell them along to appreciative owners.

Last edited by Watch Carefully; 06-14-2020, 08:30 AM.

The first one arrived and looks promising...

I've not had a chance to remove anything or take measurements (busy WFH day) but the dial appears to be at least 30mm and the movement is a late 1960s AS, so I hope one of my Rado 56-Hs (either 1701 or 1859) will fit without argument.

A quick update: I removed the mvt & dial and measured them. The dial is about 30.6mm and the LP movement ring measures 31mm outside, so the Rado parts will definitely be a close match. I'm not sure how the thickness of the LP movement compares to the Rado cal 1858. I'll try to find time soon to clean up the LP case and then test-fit the Rado movement into the LP ring.
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 06-17-2020, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Nice one Brad , looks like a good chance. If I were an LP collector I'd probably be quite upset, but since I'm not I say, "go for it!" and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
        Nice one Brad , looks like a good chance. If I were an LP collector I'd probably be quite upset, but since I'm not I say, "go for it!" and good luck.
        Foiled again. It’s a decent fit for dial width, and the Rado movement fits that LP ring perfectly.
        The problem is the whole assembly sits too far into the case for the stem holes to line up.

127B3347-BBDB-47F0-9B5D-62E9A249B352.jpegthere’s a spacer between the base caliber and the dial on the LP that the Rado does not have or need, so the Rado assembly is too thin to align the stem and case!
        Curses!

Comment

Damn!, oh well at least the LP's movement looks nice and clean so no doubt someone will take it off your hands. Hopefully you'll have better luck with the Helvisa.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
            Damn!, oh well at least the LP's movement looks nice and clean so no doubt someone will take it off your hands. Hopefully you'll have better luck with the Helvisa.
            The LP movement is definitely clean. The watch has a case that is very well made and protective. It has a broken stem--a new one is on order and I'll probably get it tidied up and on the market in a week.

That other incoming item is headed from BG to UK and then to me, so will be quite a while yet.

Comment

Working...
            X