MMff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMff

Hi all, Friday! Hope you're all well and feeling in the mood to post some watches. Nice to see the forum receive some praise for being of help to milw123, another win in the constant battle against those Franken peddlers out there. Anyway here's my lot for the week.

Starting with a Frigate as my choice for last weekend.

Weekend.jpg

A Marstron Monday, back in service after receiving a new battery this week.

Mon.jpg

I don't often wear the Sapphire Horse unless it's an occasion. On this occasion Timetron found it in an FF post from around St.Patrick's Day and saw fit to comment, "Wonderfully festive!". I can't disagree with that.

DSC_7228 (4).jpg

Back with the Bulova on Wednesday.

Wed.jpg

I got this out on Thursday in response to Brad's Chronometer dials thread and decided to wear it.

Thus (1).jpg

And today it's a bit cold, grey and cloudy here, so the Aster's helping to brighten things up a bit. I noticed this case is almost identical to the Balboa Chronometer, the scallops are just a tiny bit bigger on this one. Have a great weekend everyone and stay safe.

Fri.jpg
    Last edited by Tim.; 06-12-2020, 04:24 AM.

Green Horse for me today

383EEF99-ECC0-43F7-8828-8C1B999509D0.jpeg
    See my collection slideshow at
    http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

I've always had a soft spot for Asters and the deep colour striations in this dial are really special.

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

After four weeks we finally managed to hold my dad's funeral on Wednesday. Hopefully things will slowly start to return to 'normal' once again.

I will actually be returning home early next week so that will be a big step for both my mom and me after all this time.

Only two watches with me so I got bored and ended up doing a couple of macro shots.

20200608_162005.jpg

20200609_093902.jpg
        Have a good weekend guys.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnPat View Post
          A nice clean example John. I like the rotating markers that turn to face the centre of the dial.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
            I've always had a soft spot for Asters and the deep colour striations in this dial are really special.

Thanks Scott, I like that too, along with the matte gold chapter ring, in combination they really make this watch. This week I'm choosing my favourite CC re-issue, they just got this one so right. I hope all went well for you on Wednesday mate and that your Mum is coping okay now.

20200609_093902.jpg
            Last edited by Tim.; 06-12-2020, 04:22 AM.

Comment

I've been wearing this one since it arrived two Tuesdays ago. New ostrich straps, which I darkened a little with some leather treatment, are very well suited to it, IMO:

Comment

Hi everyone,

Some lovely Rados this week.

After weeks of just wearing the DJll, I finally put it away for a bit.

I wore 4 watches this week, the Eterna and FC to work and the two Captain Cooks at home. Very impressed that the two CC’s keep running with such intermittent wear.

Comment

Originally posted by FSM71 View Post
                  Hi everyone,

Some lovely Rados this week.

After weeks of just wearing the DJll, I finally put it away for a bit.

I wore 4 watches this week, the Eterna and FC to work and the two Captain Cooks at home. Very impressed that the two CC’s keep running with such intermittent wear.
                  Lovely bunch of watches this week Frank, I think that you and Henry are the only two here with that particular Eterna.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Lovely bunch of watches this week Frank, I think that you and Henry are the only two here with that particular Eterna.
                    Thanks Tim,

I think you may be right.

I think it was an absolute bargain. I paid $1110 against a (too high in my opinion) AD of $5000. $1200 was about average price for these at the time, which was also about the AD price on a Victorinox 7750, the cheapest 7750 I could find. So when I found this 7751 for less, it was a no-brainer.

My phone doesn't capture the brushing on the dial right, it tends to oversharpen it. They are very nicely finished, but the stop-start requires a good shove - typical of coulisse lever chronos and perhaps agravated by the mono-pusher conversion. Still, it's a great way to get the complications without the difficulty and cost of servicing an inhouse movement. (Providing of course you don't mind the bulk (height) of the 7751 movement.)

Interestingly, these were sold both as mono-pusher and two pusher variants and could also be had either with the 12 hour counter in place or deleted, as in the versions that Henry and I have. There were also more modern looking black-dialed versions.

I was very fortunate to get hold of my favourite of all the various iterations.

Comment

Working...
                    X