Big thank you to the Rado Discussion Forum community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big thank you to the Rado Discussion Forum community

I want to start this post by saying thank you to the members of this forum. Your knowledge and expertise on Rado watches is phenomenal. Now the reason for the praise..

I stumbled across this forum about 10 years ago while I was searching for info on a Rado Murano I inherited from my father-in-law. I bookmarked the site and visit from time to time. I also "window shop" ebay and have admired Rado Manhattans and NCC 101s for their unique shape and design. Recently, some very clean NCC 101s showed up for auction. I wanted to check the forum before making a purchase and BAM! there it was...

https://www.equationoftime.com/forums/forum/equation-of-time-forums/rado-discussion-forum/47135-ncc-101-and-manhattan-buyer-beware?view=thread

A thread about the EXACT watches I was interested in! Needless to say I didn't make the buy.

So, thanks again for sharing your knowledge and expertise with those of us less informed.

Hi and thanks for taking the time to post this. I'm glad to hear you were saved the trouble of being caught with a Franken 101, it's never a nice feeling to be duped. I bought a Franken Companion and that's what lead me to find this wonderful little corner of the web, thanks to the advice I received here I was able to return the Comfranken and get a full refund, including the return freight. I've now gone on to buy many genuine vintage Rados based on what I've learnt here. If you've got a little time, pop in to the MMff thread and post that Murano, I don't think you've posted it here since Christmas eve 2012 and I'm sure I speak for us all in saying we'd really like to see it again, along of course with any contributions to the ongoing discussion about Rado or watches in general you'd like to make.

Tim.
    Last edited by Tim.; 06-12-2020, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks so much for posting this. I believe that this forum provides a lot of excellent services and can really reward collectors' participation.
      Stop in more often!
      Brad

Comment

I almost forgot about this thread. I'm very active in instragram now and many watch aficionados came to me asking about their "super rare NOS NCC 101". Some people even insulted me when I say the watch is fake. At least I read the thread worked for someone before buying, which is cool
        https://www.instagram.com/the_rado_collector/

Comment

Hi Pablo, which are your Instagram accounts?

[QUOTE=pecardoso;n589357]I almost forgot about this thread. I'm very active in instragram now and many watch aficionados came to me asking about their "super rare NOS NCC 101". Some people even insulted me when I say the watch is fake. At least I read the thread worked for someone before buying, which is cool

See my collection slideshow at
          http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

Working...
          X