Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post

sl-qd22

It's a little dusty, but works great. I've owned it since new.
    Marcus, Tim, Scott...any idea whether this is a respected unit?
    It has served me well and I'll keep it until one of us dies.
    Not a model I know from personal experience but probably perfectly able from a sound perspective.
    The SL1200 range was adopted by the world's nightclubs due to the accurate pitch control and stability, meaning that it was perfect for beat mixing. As I said, I have spent days, if not weeks, of my life in total with my hands on them.
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post

sl-qd22

It's a little dusty, but works great. I've owned it since new.
      Marcus, Tim, Scott...any idea whether this is a respected unit?
      It has served me well and I'll keep it until one of us dies.
      From what I've read it is respected and is most likely perfectly suited for your purposes Brad. It would not have been favoured for industry use due to the lack of pitch control which I suspect they didn't feel it needed due to it being quartz timed, also the semi auto cueing etc would have been a draw back from a DJing point of view. It seems there's still plenty of them out there in use so they're fairly reliable.

Comment

Thanks for the input on an off-topic and esoteric item. I bought it new around the time I was starting to earn money regularly in high school (probably 1983-4). It lasted me all through my remaining years of schooling and got a fair amount of use. That era was also, you likely recall, when CDs became prevalent, and I have accumulated far more of them than of vinyl in the interim!

Comment

Working...
        X