MMff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMff

Hi all, another Friday in this parallel universe in which we now live, I hope it finds you all well. I've been having a bit of fun this week as my latest Covid boredom breaking toy finally arrived after what seemed like ages in the post. A bit of fun and more than a bit of frustration.

20200508_131516.jpg

I got the Nikon FA on the right in 1989 and it was fairly state of the art at the time but I guess I could best describe it as, you learned to fly on a single engine Cessna and 31 years later you're sitting behind the controls of the Space Shuttle expecting it to fly like your Cessna did, which it will, it's just that there's 10 times more controls and you're effectively creating the film stock as well. I still need to get a decent AF macro lens, but after buying the camera and a 50mm AF 1:1.4 prime lens, I'm a bit tapped out. Unfortunately the photos are going to look a little weird while I attempt to gain control, hopefully they'll improve.

So....watches. Last weekend I left Friday's Accustar on so I'll start with Monday's Aubergine Balboa.

Mon.jpg

On Tuesday, the Blue XL 100M

Tue.jpg

Wednesday my other boredom breaking toy. I'm enjoying this watch a lot more than I thought I would.

Wed.jpg

A rare sighting of the Monte Rosa on Thursday.

Thus.jpg

And today, hip to be square for FF. Have a great weekend all and stay safe.

Fri.jpg

Whilst there's no massive change in your photos, apart from no wristshots, there is a noticeable additional texture visible. That is most visible in the pic of the Monte Rosa, a lovely watch with a stunning dial.

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
      Whilst there's no massive change in your photos, apart from no wristshots, there is a noticeable additional texture visible. That is most visible in the pic of the Monte Rosa, a lovely watch with a stunning dial.

Hahahaha, thanks mate. With the exception of the Bulova (which I took with my phone) there's no wrist shots because I couldn't work out the settings for the older lenses I have, that theoretically will do it but will have to wait while I wade through the 500pg manual, which I had thought must surely be in several languages when I first saw it in the box........
      Last edited by Tim.; 05-08-2020, 03:24 AM.

Comment

CC for me today

05C75D33-A38E-4182-AC7E-3D3AA0F5E068.jpeg

See my collection slideshow at
        http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

Another strange week, although shorter than normal as it's a holiday in the UK today to celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE Day.
          These are the watches I wore.

I stuck with the Diastar XL all weekend.

20200503_175207.jpg

Monday, lapis Diastar 515.

20200504_080724.jpg

Tuesday, 37mm CC LE.

20200505_182343.jpg

Wednesday, Balboa SM Star.

20200506_162655.jpg

Thursday, rarely worn flat crystal Diastar 1 on NOS leather.

20200507_132359.jpg

And there is manual work to be done today so it's beater time with the Diastar Original XL.

20200508_102150.jpg

​​​​​​​Have a good weekend guys and stay safe.

Comment

Another strange week, although shorter than normal as it's a holiday in the UK today to celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE Day.

Monday, lapis Diastar 515.

20200504_080724.jpg
            What a stellar week mate. I'm afraid I can't get past Monday though.
            Last edited by Tim.; 05-08-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

What a stellar week mate. I afraid I can't get past Monday though.
              Cheers mate. I struggle to pass it in the box each day tbh.

Comment

Wearing my Ballboa Breithorn today, have a nice weekend, EOTs!

​​​ _20200508_183909.JPG
                Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
                  Wearing my Ballboa Breithorn today, have a nice weekend, EOTs!

​​​ _20200508_183909.JPG
                  The Breithorn by which all others are judged...

Comment

The Breithorn by which all others are judged...
                    I had a great light to get a perfect shot for the aubergine case. Love the pic, too!
                    Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Hey guys! Super late and a super good excuse to boot. Also didn't wear too many different watches this week. Monday through Wednesday I was outdoors/ on the roof of my shop as I am painting it. I wore this Tissot the whole time.

P9080971 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

I also wore it Thursday though not for work. Had to ttake Dickens in to the vet. Due to the coronavirus and the fact that Dickens hasn't yet been to a vet clinic we couldn't take him in to the University's vet clinic, which is where we normally go, without an emergency recommendation. We had to take him to a private clinic and have them confirm that he was indeed a very sick kitty. Friday I put this on in the morning and still have it on now.

P6100184 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Friday morning Dickens went into the University and after some intravenous electrolytes He went under the knife. To paraphrase Shakespeare, they sliced him open from knave to chaps, pulled some kind of seed that was nearly an inch long out of his small intestine and stuck him back together. Initially they were going to keep him through today, but Dickens being Dickens, he recuperated quite quickly. Between that and Dickens being Dick he made their lives unbearable. The vets begged us to take him home yesterday. Here he is now, worth more than any Rado I own, including the Hyperchrome Golden Horse.

Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

So....watches. Last weekend I left Friday's Accustar on so I'll start with Monday's Aubergine Balboa.

Mon.jpg

Congratulations on finally receiving the camera Tim. It's so strange figuring out what a new camera thinks is reality. Is this is your first digital? If so, the most important piece of advice I can give is look at theimage on the screen. The fact that you can instantly see the results of a setting are a great thing.

Comment

Thursday, rarely worn flat crystal Diastar 1 on NOS leather.

20200507_132359.jpg
                          Strange indeed Scott. This one's a winner for me.

Comment

Thanks Henry, not my first but my first serious digital. I have of course had several phones and also many years ago I dipped my toe in the water with a 4MP Finepix, but lost interest after a year or so as it was very limited. Yes, it is interesting the way this camera sees things, but the biggest challenge it seems, is to have it see things the way I want it to.
                            Anyway , if I were you, I'd be very happy if my camera saw a Tissot like this.

Comment

Thanks Henry, not my first but my first serious digital. I have of course had several phones and also many years ago I dipped my toe in the water with a 4MP Finepix, but lost interest after a year or so as it was very limited. Yes, it is interesting the way this camera sees things, but the biggest challenge it seems, is to have it see things the way I want it to.
                              Anyway , if I were you, I'd be very happy if my camera saw a Tissot like this.

That's the thing. It's a compromise. You have to learn it and then bend it to your will. The cool thing, as far as I am concerned, is that every single model of digital camera makes you a different photographer. It's more like painting with different brushes than drawing with different pencils.

Comment

Working...
                              X