Mmff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmff

I have given these two CCs an outing this week. Also pulled the trigger on a new CC MkII recently which is stuck in Japan at the moment and an Over Pole from the US with the help of Brad (birthday yesterday, pressies to self ).

3440E43D-3127-43C3-B3A9-DE2C5D040CF3.jpeg 21B7A731-32E5-46E4-BE7C-B3D971F97F98.jpeg FD8C778D-1883-4F0F-8612-091A6F6D009E.jpeg 1D04677A-DC21-4CB9-9D65-2AFE53E34A1A.jpeg E351D645-E0A8-4F11-A93A-E20E4524ECEF.jpeg

See my collection slideshow at
    http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Happy Birthday JP, nice pressies, congratulations.

Not much from me today, I've been distracted with other hobbies this week. Tbh I've had the Bulova chronograph on all week. I'll have had it for a month on Monday and it literally hasn't missed a beat, spot on to the second, it's quite amazing to check it against the computer and find it unchanged, week after week, you could set your watch by it and I do.
    Anyway I opted for a change to another accurate watch today for FF. Have a great weekend all and stay safe.

20200501_135146.jpg

Comment

Happy birthday John, some fine vintage watches on show there.

I've made a conscious effort to wear more vintage watches this week, although it's ended up being a mixture.

Monday, CC Mk2 reissue.

20200427_100814.jpg

Tuesday, my unique Balboa 'Conquistador' franken.

20200428_091533.jpg

Wednesday, 42mm Hyperchrome Captain Cook.

20200429_182357.jpg

Thursday, cushion Diastar 1.

20200430_065536.jpg

Friday, after lusting after Tim's Diastar XL for so long I couldn't resist when this one appeared.
      The seller mentioned that there was a problem with it stopping but it's been fairly steady now for the last 20 hours or so.

20200501_082003.jpg

Have a good weekend guys and stay safe.
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Can't fault that one mate.

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY John ! Stay safe ! Peter

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
            Can't fault that one mate.
            Thanks mate, not a great deal of choice in my line up this week I'm afraid. So congratulations on scoring one of these XLs and on some pretty savvy shopping too, I know you've been stalking this one for quite some time. As I said to you the other night, best lume of the XL range imo.

20200501_082003.jpg

An honorable mention must go to this CC Mk11 reissues photo, gotta love that reflected anchor, very cool.

20200427_100814.jpg
            Last edited by Tim.; 05-01-2020, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks mate, not a great deal of choice in my line up this week I'm afraid. So congratulations on scoring one of these XLs and on some pretty savvy shopping too, I know you've been stalking this one for quite some time. As I said to you the other night, best lume of the XL range imo.

20200501_082003.jpg

An honorable mention must go to this CC Mk11 reissues photo, gotta love that reflected anchor, very cool.

20200427_100814.jpg
              Cheers mate.
              So happy to have finally scored the XL. It's everything I hoped it would be.
              The details on the Mk2 CC reissue are really something special, so hard to capture its full beauty in a photo.

Comment

Great choices, this week.
                Tim, I love my Bulova Accutron and how accurate (and smooth) it runs.
                Scott, congrats on the XL!
                John, happy birthday. I hope the Over Pole arrives safe and soon.

I was a slacker this week...only 3 watches, none Rado:

A day or so of this:

A couple days with this also (it may be going to RGM for service soon, and a custom dial is in the works elsewhere):

And, mainly, this:

Comment

Chillin' with a Esonic at the worker's day.
                  _20200501_160847.JPG
                  Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Happy birthday and congratulations on the acquisitions. Nice to see you got the Overpole too.

Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Happy Birthday JP, nice pressies, congratulations.

Not much from me today, I've been distracted with other hobbies this week. Tbh I've had the Bulova chronograph on all week. I'll have had it for a month on Monday and it literally hasn't missed a beat, spot on to the second, it's quite amazing to check it against the computer and find it unchanged, week after week, you could set your watch by it and I do.
                      Anyway I opted for a change to another accurate watch today for FF. Have a great weekend all and stay safe.

20200501_135146.jpg
                      Really tough choice this week Tim...after much thought though, I think I'll pick the Accustar.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post

Friday, after lusting after Tim's Diastar XL for so long I couldn't resist when this one appeared.
                        The seller mentioned that there was a problem with it stopping but it's been fairly steady now for the last 20 hours or so.

20200501_082003.jpg

Have a good weekend guys and stay safe.
                        Tempting as it is to pick the Mk II V2, I love Tim's XL too. Congratulations mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                          Great choices, this week.
                          Tim, I love my Bulova Accutron and how accurate (and smooth) it runs.
                          Scott, congrats on the XL!
                          John, happy birthday. I hope the Over Pole arrives safe and soon.

I was a slacker this week...only 3 watches, none Rado:

A day or so of this:

Always nice to see the TZLE. I am still a little sorry that I never grabbed this when I could have. On the other hand I did score the Model 400 instead, so I am not really that sorry.

Comment

It kind of seems like Dickens has had enough of seeing us more than usual...

After teasing Tim about his post I feel obliged to own up to the fact that my week has been so weirdly busy that I am using only recycled photos this week. I haven't even posted over at IWL, which is how I keep track of what I wore, so I can't even guarantee that I've got them in the correct order. It was mostly a vintage week.

P5170123 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

P2280133 a by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

PB210180 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

P5110046 s by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

This was definitely today's watch.

PA012116 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

Really tough choice this week Tim...after much thought though, I think I'll pick the Accustar.
                              Well Henry, freedom from choice can set you free. And this week, since I lack the ability to make a choice, I'm choosing these two.

Comment

Working...
                              X