Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    We have had new and stricter guidelines introduced and most businesses must now close. My shop is in the ever dwindling group of businesses that can stay open. Many of our bigger clients are also still open. There is further wage relief from our federal government and that means now as long as we are healthy and open I can continue to keep and pay all of my employees, as business has fallen off quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by earloffarnborough View Post
    Thank you Brad for reassuring me. Will be cautious and hope all goes well.
    May I wish you and all EoTians good Health, take no risks and stay at home if possible.
    Peter
    Stay safe Peter.

Leave a comment:

• scottjc
    replied
    May I wish you and all EoTians good Health, take no risks and stay at home if possible.
    Peter
    Stay safe Peter. Wishing you and your family the best of health.

Leave a comment:

• earloffarnborough
    replied
    Peter

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    My wife and I are in the elderly Risk Group, so we are staying at home and having groceries and all else delivered to our door. Only distraction is the Internet, telephone and Radio/tv.
    I have to go to Hospital to get an imjection in my Right eye (macula) and am really scared to go there.
    Stay safe everybody, look after your families and stay healthy.
    Peter
    Take the necessary precautions, Peter. Mind how close you get to others and be careful what you touch.
    I am sure the hospital staff will do all they can to minimize risk.
    Best of luck to you and all!
    Brad

Leave a comment:

• earloffarnborough
    replied
    My wife and I are in the elderly Risk Group, so we are staying at home and having groceries and all else delivered to our door. Only distraction is the Internet, telephone and Radio/tv.
    I have to go to Hospital to get an imjection in my Right eye (macula) and am really scared to go there.
    Stay safe everybody, look after your families and stay healthy.
    Peter

Leave a comment:

• scottjc
    replied
    My first day work working from home is just starting. Mainly because the hotel I use two nights a week has closed.
    I'm fortunate in that my main two clients both work on essential electrical network contracts so that will continue to some extent.
    Stay safe everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Our city is under partial lockdown and the number of cases rises daily.
    We are weeks behind most of the world in regards to the pandemics progress goes. We still have very few community cases, less than half a dozen. I expect that to change rapidly. Mrs.K and I are still working at work. An American company we do a ton or work for is trying to have us declared essential. They've written letters. When at home I am experimenting with some new subject matter in my paintings. I am very bored of urban nightscapes and watch movements.

I didn't panic buy toilet paper or anything like that. I did buy a little extra bourbon.

Leave a comment:

• pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.
    replied

The number of cases continues to rise in Germany. This prompted my company management to send employees from the risk groups diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular disease and anyone aged 60 and over home with immediate effect.
    I am also affected because I naturally have a weakened immune system (due to the medics) with medicated high blood pressure. Well Tim, unfortunately it is not enough to ride a bike.

Since I hold a key position in the company, it will be difficult for my other colleagues to process the various production orders in the allotted time.
    I wish you the best of luck and success.

Now I'm sitting at home for an indefinite period of time, the type of continued payment of wages is still unclear. Everything is happening too quickly so that the group management also has no suitable solution.
    The soft curfew (always only 2 people together, or family, even sports outside can be done alone) is observed and fully respected by almost all residents. A full curfew would not change that.
    The situation in the supermarkets is also relaxing, everything is available again, including toilet paper.

Today I'm going to look at my various collections and tidy up my apartment. I have had to slow down for a long time.

Wish you all the best.
    (written with the help from a translator app, hope you forgive)

Last edited by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.; 03-25-2020, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JOSE G
    replied
    I'm with you Brad, I have been home for some days going out the least possible, spending more time with the wife and a Millennial younger son just kidding.
    Worried about my older parents both in their 80s and older daughter with three little ones.
    Hoping for the best until everything goes back to normal, will just have to wait.
    Stay safe everybody.

Leave a comment:

• JohnPat
    replied
    Thanks for starting the thread Brad. I have looked in to the forum for activity in the last few days, for distraction mostly, but like everyone else watches seem such a triviality at the moment and posting almost seemed trite. My situation;

I am in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, with my wife, both of us working from home now. Two adult daughters back in in London, both working for the NHS, one on the front line and the other (pregnant) working from home. Oman is in almost complete lockdown (good) and they announced today that the international airport will close, indefinitely, from 29th March, big gulp! Lots of discussion here today about the merits of staying or going back to UK but we will stay and ride it out from here.

Authorities here doing a great job but cases rising daily, no fatalities so far, high level of compliance with the restrictions. UK as of yesterday under severe restrictions, numbers rising, worst is yet to come there but hopefully the "flatten the curve" strategy will have a positive impact on overall numbers but still, I suspect, fatalities will run in to many thousands. Really worried for elderly relatives and friends. Situation in the US looks very worrisome too.

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    started a topic The Life As We Know It thread...

The Life As We Know It thread...

Hello friends,
    These are trying times. I wanted to start an OT thread for folks to post their experiences during the COVID-19 crisis.
    I'm sure it will be a civil discourse, but I would advise not to go on rants against your government or politicians, no matter how ignorant their recommendations.
    Hopefully we can share the positive experiences, or give constructive details on how to overcome those not so positive.

I view this forum as one of the great havens of pleasantry in my life.
    Thanks for being here and contributing. With luck and perseverance, we EOTians will get through this situation without grave consequences.

From my point of view, I'm glad to see US state governors taking the initiative to shut down unnecessary interaction and force people to keep t themselves. I know it is very difficult on many peoples' income and social life, but drastic measures are required. My household includes my wife, her father and our daughter...so there are 3 generations with differing needs and perspectives. This is novel (pun intended) to us all, and is both fascinating and frightening. My daughter's first year of university was cut short and she is home. She has to continue classes on-line, is separated from her new friends at college and also is unable to hang out with her friends here at home (whose semesters were also curtailed). I tell her she will have a great stories to tell in later years--that's of little consolation.

On the positive side, we have been spending a lot more time with our daughter than in the past year or two. Normally, while living at home, she would have been at school or work or out with friends--for the past 2 weeks she has been home with us. We've managed to have a lot of laughs, finish several jigsaw puzzles, play many games, listen to music together, enjoy some secluded outdoor activity...IMO, it is bonus time with loved ones. If/when crisis intervenes directly in our lives (more than just my wife and daughter's jobs being On Hold) I'll try to remember the benefits I've enjoyed so far.

Best,
    Brad
Working...
X