MMff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMff

Well it's Friday the 13th and although it may be black for many, particularly those who are exposed to the stock markets, I hope it finds all the EoT crew happy and healthy. I'm a bit annoyed at the F1 GP being cancelled but I do understand that it's for the greater good and they're saying we may still be able to stage it later on this year, fingers crossed. On the plus side, I did managed to secure a supply of TP this week, so that's a relief. Anyway, here's the watches that told my time.

Last weekend's DS 1.

Weekend.jpg

A favourite, New Green Horse on Monday

Mon.jpg

Tuesday's blue linen Esel.

20200310_111930.jpg

Stratojet F on Wednesday.

Wed.jpg

Two watches on Thursday, the recently discontinued SKX, as I went for a swim in the morning and an NCC 101 I changed into to attend a gig my daughter's band was playing that evening.

Thus 1.jpg .
    Thus 2.jpg

And today, a Balboa Gentle. Have a great weekend everyone.

Fri.jpg
    Last edited by Tim.; 03-13-2020, 02:49 AM.

Very calm in Oman, some sensible precautions being taken by the authorities. More concerned about elderly friends and family in UK and elsewhere. Old school for me today

5488F229-1B23-4B9E-B0E9-9E48ECDF9A38.jpeg
    See my collection slideshow at
    http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

Originally posted by JohnPat View Post
      Very calm in Oman, some sensible precautions being taken by the authorities. More concerned about elderly friends and family in UK and elsewhere. Old school for me today

5488F229-1B23-4B9E-B0E9-9E48ECDF9A38.jpeg
      That's a beauty John.
      Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
        I am not going to pick the New Green Horse today. I think that's a first. I love the blue stripe 101. I think it's the only steel NCC I currently have running.
        That toilet paper mania is unfathomable. I just don't get it.

Comment

A crazy week. Early in the week I was working on installing signage for the Canadian equivalent of the Grammys or Brits and then we got our first confirmed case of Covid-19. I took all the signs down again... Our local health authority, in line with the way the current provincial government operates, waited until after the first confirmed case to order protective gear for the frontline health care workers.

Anyway, a bit of a scattered week for watches.
          Monday, a little bit of Nienaber

P4010023 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Tuesday, Heritage 1935

P8180290 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Wednesday, New Original XL

P8110058 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Thursday was a default day

P2120074 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

With these exceptional times I have foregone my usual Friday the 13th watch, the long day gp Manhattan.

20200313_084902 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Comment

I'm going for your Friday the 13th watch this week. I would have done something similar under different circumstances.

http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Those hands get me every time.

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

P4010023 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Comment

Another busy week with today being taken up with the delivery of the caravan that Mrs C and I will be moving into soon while the work at home is done.
                These are the watches I wore.

Monday, lapis Diastar 515.

20200309_171050.jpg

Tuesday, 37mm Captain Cook LE.

20200310_184124.jpg

Which also stayed on for Wednesday.

20200311_084631.jpg

A newer Captain Cook on Thursday.

20200312_151924.jpg

And a Diastar Original XL for all the manual labour today.

20200313_160258.jpg

No sport this weekend with F1, Six Nations and all football being cancelled. This thing is escalating quite rapidly and we have no concept of where it will go.
                Have as good a weekend as possible guys.

Comment

Still wearing my glazed ceramic tile watch, seems it becomes one of my absolute favorite watches...
                  Have a nice weekend!
                  _20200313_232002.JPG
                  Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
                    Those hands get me every time.

Me too! Rainer did a great job on them.

Comment

A newer Captain Cook on Thursday.

20200312_151924.jpg

Hey! I just noticed that this Capta in Cook has the proper bad kerning unlike the 45mm version. That alone is enough to make it my pick for the week.

Aren't you too busy for sports anyway? It's the same here. No hockey on telly and the Lacrosse league has suspended play so no live games either.

Comment

I am not going to pick the New Green Horse today. I think that's a first. I love the blue stripe 101. I think it's the only steel NCC I currently have running.
                        That toilet paper mania is unfathomable. I just don't get it.
                        Thanks Henry, It's a watch that always gets noticed when I wear it. I don't get the toilet paper thing either but I'm glad I did get it.
                        I'm with Scott in choosing your Nienaber this week, it's a very cool watch.

Comment

I'm going for your Friday the 13th watch this week. I would have done something similar under different circumstances.

Thanks mate, I'm tempted to choose all your watches this week, they're all favourites but I guess that would be a cop out, so If I'm pushed it's the 515 that wins this week, it's just a very special piece and with a slice of lapis like that under the crystal, hard to beat. I hope you guys will be comfy in the van for the duration of the build.

20200309_171050.jpg
                          Last edited by Tim.; 03-13-2020, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks Henry, It's a watch that always gets noticed when I wear it. I don't get the toilet paper thing either but I'm glad I did get it.
                            I'm with Scott in choosing your Nienaber this week, it's a very cool watch.

Thanks Tim. I am still regularly amazed that one guy did all of it from finishing the dial and movement to milling the hands and case.

Comment

Hey! I just noticed that this Capta in Cook has the proper bad kerning unlike the 45mm version. That alone is enough to make it my pick for the week.

Aren't you too busy for sports anyway? It's the same here. No hockey on telly and the Lacrosse league has suspended play so no live games either.
                              Thanks Henry. I too hadn't noticed the difference in the correct/incorrect kerning but I love it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X