No announcement yet.

MMff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pretty sure my week has never been done on the Rado forum before. Theme week, without a single Rado. Despite doing a lot of bracelet and strap swapping with these watches all were worn on their factory straps/bracelets this week.

Monday; Art Deco

P2031291 copy by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Tuesday; My first ref 1250, the QuartzTiki. A battery swap of this one was the inspiration for the theme weeek.

P2041303 copy by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Wednesday; Soleure triple date moonphase.

P2051306 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Thursday: the second ref 1250, the ThreeTiki

P2061307 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

And winding up the week with my favourite Eterna; the ref. 244 three hand auto KonTiki. It is truly an adventure watch for me. It has swam with sharks and rays, barracudas and moray eels. It has dived a shipwreck. It has hiked mountain paths and trekked through tropical rain forests and boreal woodlands. It was on a small fishing boat when I encountered a 13 foot American crocodile. It has stayed out past 3:00 am in minus 40 weather to get that perfect shot of the crescent moon. It has been to countless rock and roll shows that involved too much dancing, too much noise and too much liquor and a long stumble home later. If only it were 40 mm instead of 42...

P2071323 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 02-07-2020, 01:07 PM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

For the same reason I am picking Tim's Aster this week.
      Originally posted by scottjc View Post

Tuesday, blue Aster.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

20200204_103852.jpg

Comment

Thanks mate. I have a bunch of Asters, none of which get worn enough.
          http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

I gotta vote for the GH Alarm...classic, bezel looks to be in good condition, and the fitted NSA makes a fine package.
            Strange week for me...I wore the Gevril and gold-plated re-cased 56-H. Was in hospital yesterday for a minor procedure, and only put a watch on ate int he day Nothing yet today as I convalesce. I hope to be back in the groove next week.

Comment

Two choices from me this week as I can't decide.

P2051306 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

P2061307 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                I gotta vote for the GH Alarm...classic, bezel looks to be in good condition, and the fitted NSA makes a fine package.
                Strange week for me...I wore the Gevril and gold-plated re-cased 56-H. Was in hospital yesterday for a minor procedure, and only put a watch on ate int he day Nothing yet today as I convalesce. I hope to be back in the groove next week.

Get well soon Brad.

Comment

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Comment

Two choices from me this week as I can't decide.

Thanks Scott. If I were forced to pick, I'd pick the Soleure despite the ridiculous number of hands, pointers and holes in the dial.

Comment

A very happy Friday mate, so glad to hear that the fire risk has all but gone away.
                      I was very tempted to pick your red goldstone Balboa but I'm having to go with the 505 as I don't remember it ever looking that good when it was here.

Thanks mate, I think this photo probably just caught it in a good light as nothing has been done to it since it arrived here. This week I'm going with your Abalone Balboa, I like the way this photo captures the vivid blue with the pearl.

20200207_074608.jpg

Comment

The Aster was the first TC model I ever liked, so this is it for me.

Thanks Henry , it was all about colours for me this week, so the Aster had to get a slot. This week I'm going with my favourite Tiki in your collection, along with an honourable mention for the ref 1250 with the bokeh background.

Last edited by Tim.; 02-07-2020, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Hey Brad, here's hoping it's nothing serious and your recovery is swift and painless.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Thanks Henry , it was all about colours for me this week, so the Aster had to get a slot. This week I'm going with my favourite Tiki in your collection, along with an honourable mention for the ref 1250 with the bokeh background.

Thanks Tim. It's my favourite Tiki too. With either one of the ref 1250s and the Hyperchome GH I could almost, sorta, maybe be nearly satisfied. Ah... who am I kidding?

That bokeh dod work quite well, didn't it? It is just one of my homemade bokeh screens and probably te one I use most, but the distamce and depth of field were near perfect today.

Comment

That bokeh did work quite well, didn't it? It is just one of my homemade bokeh screens and probably te one I use most, but the distamce and depth of field were near perfect today.
                              Agreed, just peels off the edge of the dial and crown on into the bokeh.

Comment

Working...
                              X