Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gents, as it is Thanksgiving in the US...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gents, as it is Thanksgiving in the US...

I want to say a big Thank You to all the contributors here. This place has been my favorite spot on the Interweb for years now, and it's because of the members and the support of the site's owner, Roland.
    I consider you a special group of fine folks.

I'd like to also ask that you remember our late pal Miles. It makes me happy we actively recall his contributions, and that Tim was kind enough to keep the Miles McKinney Funky Friday theme going since we learned of Miles's departure from this mortal coil.

On that note, I also want you to know that Miles's daughter and I are working on getting a bunch of his Rado and Technos and other watches ready for sale.

We're discussing how best to offer them, and whether many might be offered via a group listing on EOT...possibly a special section like the Rado Exchange, where price estimates will be listed and offers considered. I'm sure that you, like myself, want to ensure that Miles's family receive appropriate value for the pieces he so carefully collected, and also ensure this community he enjoyed and made better by his contributions has a chance to keep some of his watches among friends.

I'm sure we won't be able to help her dispose of them all (so far, there are ~130 on the list we're evaluating, and those are just Rado and Technos) but perhaps we'll be able to make a dent, provide some insight into the finer points of the remainder, and even attract new members/buyers.

Regardless the outcome, I am approaching this as an opportunity to give back to Miles's family; a chance to honor his memory and contributions here.
    I welcome your comments and suggestions!
    Brad
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 11-29-2019, 03:53 PM.

I didn't take part in the sale of Hank's watches but wasn't that a little like this? I think that was a good thing and paid respect to Hank.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Yes indeed, in a similar way, BrandonS helped Hank H Holland's widow sell off most of his collection.
      It was sad to see the collection being dispersed, but was a great way to obtain some great pieces and maintain a connection to our departed friend.
      I was lucky enough to meet and spend some time with Hank...another great guy taken too soon.
      I like to think we'll do the same for any of our pals here.
      B

Comment

I agree Brad. I was fortunate to have aquired 3 of Miles watches just before his passing. I cherish them. I lost my brother last week. He passed unexpectedly at 64 yrs old, I’m 62. Makes me wonder and worry what will happen to my collection when I leave this world, especially all the extra parts. I have probably several hundred spare bracelet links, some of which are very rare. Most people would look at them and think they are just a bunch of junk.

Comment

Oh my gosh...I'm so sorry to hear about your brother!
          Please accept my sincere condolences.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Kevin.
            I have already made plans for my collection. Both my wife and nephew, who will inherit my collection, know about this place and have been told to make contact before disposing of any.
            http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

My most sincere condolences for your loss Kevin.

Comment

Please accept my condolences Kevin.
                See my collection slideshow at
                http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

Mein Beileid, Jethrobodine!
                  Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear that you've lost your brother Kevin. You and he are of a similar age to my brother and I, and I know it would come as a heavy blow were I to loose him. I hope that you're getting through it okay.
                    Last edited by Tim.; 12-04-2019, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother Kevin. You have my deepest condolences.
                      Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Working...
                      X