MMff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMff

Happy Friday folks, let's see your watches. Very smokey down my way today as bushfire season takes hold, thankfully no fires nearby yet but it's well alight 2 hours up the coast, with the main north south highway blocked at that point. A little rain and southerly winds predicted for later today, hopefully that'll cool things down and give the fire fighters a chance to get on top of it. I won't bang on about climate change but we've already been loosing houses to bushfires for nearly 2 months and at the same time California was also loosing properties in the northern hemisphere. To give you some idea.

All the diamonds are fires, the blue under control, the yellow out of control and the red out of control emergencies.

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 2.59.33 PM.jpg

Anyway, here's some watches, last weekend an all time favourite the Aubergine Balboa.

Weekend.jpg

Monday's Blue diver.

Mon.jpg

Accustar on Tuesday.

Tue.jpg

SKX on Wednesday.

Wed.jpg

Green XL Diastar Diver on Thursday.

Thus.jpg

And today, my Esonic for FF, one needs to get value for money out of these batteries you know. Have a great weekend everyone.

Fri.jpg

I can't get my head around the fires you guys have over there. I have family in Qld that have faced similar situations in recent months. Just stay safe mate.

On the subject of watches, I have again struggled to choose a favourite, but the dial on your Balboa speaks to me.

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

The weather over here is having the polar opposite effect from that in Australia.
      This was the view from our bedroom a week or so ago.

20191026_131350.jpg
      I had a new watch arrive at the end of last week, of which I will write more at another time, but the Tradition Captain Cook spent the weekend and first couple of days of this week on my wrist.

20191104_102009.jpg
      That got me thinking and my week then turned into a tribute week as follows.

Wednesday, 40 Years of Diastar.

20191106_082049.jpg

Thursday, Diastar 1 chronometer LE reissue.

20191107_171815.jpg

And today couldn't be anything other than the Diastar 40 chronometer LE.

20191108_070650.jpg

Have a great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
        I can't get my head around the fires you guys have over there. I have family in Qld that have faced similar situations in recent months. Just stay safe mate.

On the subject of watches, I have again struggled to choose a favourite, but the dial on your Balboa speaks to me.

Thanks mate, will do my best. The wind has shifted a bit this afternoon so it's not so smokey here now, but I still fear for the folk up north, I hope the rain comes in buckets for them and it looks more like the view from your bedroom last week. The new CC Mk2 Mk3 is a beautiful thing and although it had stiff competition from your other watches, it wins for me. I like the black anchor, makes it much easier to see. Congrats!

20191104_102009.jpg
        Last edited by Tim.; 11-08-2019, 04:37 AM.

Comment

I love the D-200, but the D-200 chrono is just too big for me. Too bad, I'd love one otherwise. Brad's going to be pretty jealous of the Diastar Round chrono. I think he's wanted one of those blue ones for at least a decade.
          Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
            I had a new watch arrive at the end of last week, of which I will write more at another time, but the Tradition Captain Cook spent the weekend and first couple of days of this week on my wrist.

20191104_102009.jpg
            That got me thinking and my week then turned into a tribute week as follows.

What else could I possibly choose? Once again, congrats mate.

Comment

Accustar on Tuesday.

Tue.jpg

SKX on Wednesday.
              Stay safe time. I think brush fires can be even more unpredictable and dangerous than forest fires. They seem to be able to shift faster.

I am picking your Accustar this week.

Comment

My week.

Monday and Tuesday were spent installing the new 64" printer and matching cutter. The performance of the new printer is astonishing in very way compared to the old 54". Faster, sharper, more efficient, quieter. Less smelly. I don't need dedicated air cleaning equipment for it!

74450813_10160623859487355_1636282080490946560_o.jpg

Both days, this tool watch

20191105_122226.jpg
                Wednesday

P4060417 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Thursday the CC Mk II in honour of Scott's acquisition

P1073320 copy copy2 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

A casual business function last night saw a swap to the uncommon sapphire crystal version of the Rothorn.

P9072018 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Today, the beautifully sculpted lines of the Avant Garde for dinner with friends immediately after work.

29564446073_891112cb92_o by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
                Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 11-08-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I agree 100% Henry. The chrono version is way too big! That’s why I never wear it. Should probably move it on. I’ve been looking for the black dialed round chronograph forever, I prefer it to the blue and white one .

Comment

Received this rare DS37 Electrosonic DayDate (742.0506.3) today. The watch shows some aging marks but after some TLC it is ready for a first Funky Friday!

_20191108_184050.JPG
                    Last edited by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.; 11-08-2019, 02:06 PM.
                    Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Thanks guys.

The new CC Mk2 Mk3 is a beautiful thing and although it had stiff competition from your other watches, it wins for me. I like the black anchor, makes it much easier to see. Congrats!

20191104_102009.jpg
                      Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

What else could I possibly choose? Once again, congrats mate.

Comment

A fine looking piece Marcus.

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post

Comment

I'm glad that the new printer and cutter are everything you hoped they would be.

After your kind words it would be rude to choose anything other than this fine pair.

Comment

Stay safe time. I think brush fires can be even more unpredictable and dangerous than forest fires. They seem to be able to shift faster.

I am picking your Accustar this week.

Thanks Henry, yes the bushfires this year have been very unpredictable and we are in uncharted territory in terms of the number and the severity. We are currently in the middle of the longest drought in living memory so the eucalypts are particularly volatile, yesterday burning embers were dropping up to 13k ahead of the fire front and there was so much smoke it was creating pyrocumulus clouds and causing dry lightning strikes, nature is a force that cannot be reckoned with.

From what you say the new printer looks to have been a great investment. Good to see the Accustars get a run but I'm picking your rarely seen Rothorn this week.

Comment

Working...
                            X