Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the Japanese 2008 Golden Horse Chronometer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the Japanese 2008 Golden Horse Chronometer.

I spotted this on-line and was surprised to see the steel case has a gold crown. Was this standard, or might something have been changed?

Update: I answered my own question. Apparently there were two versions in steel with argent dial. One had silver markers, hands & crown, the other is shown below.

s-l1600.jpg
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 11-05-2019, 09:10 AM.

You did answer your own question and you came up with the right answer. There were more than a few Asian Rados from that time that do not conform to the normal standards or protocols. The quartz horse with the rotating anchor, for instance.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
      The quartz horse with the rotating anchor, for instance.
      It seems that around 1970-1974, the period when Rado moved into regular production of watches that were not fully mechanical (e.g., electro-mechanical, tuning-fork, quartz) they would use the anchor logo on anything except a hand-winder. I've seen rotating anchors on a lot of the aforementioned types, and at least one static anchor logo on a red disc was in my collection. I need to finish updating my website and get all those old web pages back up!!

Ah, here it is (1973 code on the mvt):

Comment

Working...
      X