X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent the week with a single watch (hmmm, that sounds suggestive...):

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
      ...a new arrival from a 3 piece package the rest of the week. DCCEA0F6-90C3-4AE8-AB51-9BE36F4287CD.jpeg
      Hubba hubba!
      We need to find an anchor-shaped seconds hand for you!

Comment

I checked mine Marcus. It is marked Diastar 36 on the caseback with a 633 reference number. 81C04861-8B8E-4B96-B7F1-00CED3EC22F6.jpeg
        So your GDS1 must be from the same period because mine als has a ETA 2824 inside. I am not sure what´s the deal with it.
        The 36 is buggin´me...
        Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Thanks Brad. I’d love to find an anchor second hand for it, but that’s like a needle in a haystack. 6F3F1DF1-D23A-40E1-914B-C2B5B9605979.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

I didn't slip the XL on till Monday and it stayed on for Tuesday's trip home.

Tue.jpg
            It seems you haven't lost too many brain cells. You can still compose a coherent post and you are capable of making decisions. Both good signs.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for a blue dialed Diastar.
            Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
              T

And today is Tiger day.

20190920_065252.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone.
              Enjoy the Rugby!

I couldn't possibly pick anything else.

Comment

Crazy busy! There's a surprise, huh? Getting ready for the Gala which is now less than one month away but also in the middle of a federal election in which a numpty who used to dress up in blackface is trying not to lose the election to a numpty who compared gays to dogs and has at least a half dozen openly racist candidates. Then there is the truly racist leader of a fringe party, who is actually reasonably intelligent, but a truly horrible person. And we print signs for their candidates... I am considering not doing elections anymore. The two vaguely tolerable candidates do not stand a chance of forming government.

Anyway...

Eterna Avant Garde

PA160160 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

50 Years of

P7172425 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

CC Mk I V 2 making a rare appearance on the inferior factory leather.

P8181881 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

On Wednesday elsewhere I posted a pic of Rainer holding up a wall clock verion os his triple retrograde wristwatch so I had to wear the Art Deco yesterday

33632563475_d3941ab671_o by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

And today, the Great to start

24309554197_748a98022f_k copy by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

With a late afternoon swap to the debut Centrix

P6200043 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

It'll be a weekend at work for me, building a couple of ents and Gollum.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post

Interesting!
                  We have the same models with same reference numbers but different model names here on the table. So where do we go?
                  For now i will leave the case back where it is (too german?).
                  So I've checked my DS36 which is the gold on gold version, like yours it's a 633....with a 2824, mine has a date code of 610. I'll post some photos, unfortunately the back of both the DS and the Balboa are quite worn, but you can still make out the numbers.

20190921_115240.jpg
                  20190921_114811.jpg

This is the Goldstone Balboa, I have also seen this referred to as a Balboa 36 and you can see the 36 stamped below the case number as is consistent for this model.

20190921_112640.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

It seems you haven't lost too many brain cells. You can still compose a coherent post and you are capable of making decisions. Both good signs.
                    Nice of you to say so Henry, I wasn't feeling too capable of anything last Saturday morning, with the exception of consuming water and paracetamol.

Lovely photos this week despite you're being so busy. I'm choosing this as I'm a sucker for a great photo of a Great.

As for the politics, it's been an unfortunate worldwide trend for some time that the lunatics are steadily taking charge of the asylum, and as you point out, it's becoming more and more difficult to know which way to turn.
                    Last edited by Tim.; 09-20-2019, 10:54 PM.

Comment

So I've checked my DS36 which is the gold on gold version, like yours it's a 633....with a 2824, mine has a date code of 610. I'll post some photos, unfortunately the back of both the DS and the Balboa are quite worn, but you can still make out the numbers.

20190921_115240.jpg
                      20190921_114811.jpg

This is the Goldstone Balboa, I have also seen this referred to as a Balboa 36 and you can see the 36 stamped below the case number as is consistent for this model.

20190921_112640.jpg
                      Thanks for the informations on the Gold Diastar.
                      It seems i got a red Goldstone case back here, maybe a whole case. Mine also has a 420.... Case number. and a ETA 2824 inside.
                      Last edited by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.; 09-23-2019, 01:12 PM.
                      Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

World politics are in a mess. At least you don't have the debacle that is Brexit to deal with.

I very nearly picked the 50 Years of Diastar but I just couldn't resist this wonderful photo.

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
                        P8181881 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Nice of you to say so Henry, I wasn't feeling too capable of anything last Saturday morning, with the exception of consuming water and paracetamol.

Lovely photos this week despite you're being so busy. I'm choosing this as I'm a sucker for a great photo of a Great.

As for the politics, it's been an unfortunate worldwide trend for some time that the lunatics are steadily taking charge of the asylum, and as you point out, it's becoming more and more difficult to know which way to turn.
                          Thanks Tim. I think the Great deserves treatment like this photo. It is pretty over the top even by Rado standards.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
                            World politics are in a mess. At least you don't have the debacle that is Brexit to deal with.

I very nearly picked the 50 Years of Diastar but I just couldn't resist this wonderful photo.
                            Thanks for the compliment on the photo.

I am thankful everyday that I don't have Brexit., but the numpty that compared gays to dogs does want to renegotiate NAFTA.2 or maybe walk away...

Comment

Thanks Brad. I’d love to find an anchor second hand for it, but that’s like a needle in a haystack. 6F3F1DF1-D23A-40E1-914B-C2B5B9605979.jpeg
                              I fear you are correct. And, now that I look closer, it seems some other hands might have been replaced along the way.
                              Has anyone ever seen an original advert for this model? It would be great to see a record of the original handsets for the various dial colors.
                              (Although, often the promo images show prototypes, which include items that differ from actual production components.)

Here was mine...and I replaced some hands:

When it arrived...

After some changes:

Here is the correct handset for one like yours, I believe:

This belonged to my late friend Chuck Maddox.

Although, I have also seen this set of H/M hands (which seem a little short and/or too narrow):
                              Last edited by Watch Carefully; 09-25-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I’ve got 2 blue dialed ones. Both seem to have the same handsets. D8BF6B35-B9C8-4A0A-9B95-269CE20CC8A4.jpeg C9A0ECF8-36D2-4E94-B7AC-50EF3F422C2D.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                                X