MMff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMff

Happy Friday Eotians. As mentioned a couple of weeks ago I was headed to Queensland last week, the occasion being my son's buck's party weekend. In the end we both made it out in one piece, well almost, more than a few brain cells paid the price I'm sure.
    I only took 3 watches on the trip: image_25969.jpgimage_26155.jpg image_26126.jpg

I didn't slip the XL on till Monday and it stayed on for Tuesday's trip home.

Tue.jpg

Back in the swing of things with an Eiger on Wednesday.

Wed.jpg

Flat crystal DS1 on Thursday. Oh, and also my Deep Blue got a quick look in after I put the new strap on it.

Thus.jpg .
    image_26327.jpg

and a Hardtron today. Let's see what's been on your wrist this week.

Fri.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone.

Glad to know you had a good time mate.
    The Hardtron is my pick of your week.

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

The weekend is looking busy, with the Rugby World Cup starting today in Japan. I'm sure there will be some banter between hemispheres over the coming weeks.
      This is how my week looked.

Monday, Diastar 1/E chronometer.

20190916_154535.jpg

Tuesday, Balboa Deluxe.

20190917_071503.jpg

Wednesday NCC303.

20190918_165006.jpg

Thursday, Accustar.

20190919_165146.jpg

And today is Tiger day.

20190920_065252.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
        Glad to know you had a good time mate.
        The Hardtron is my pick of your week.

Cheers mate, you've had some heavy hitters on this week, great to see the Tiger get a run but I'm picking your Balboa deluxe, I really like the clean lines of this model and it's a great photo to show it off.

20190917_071503.jpg
        Last edited by Tim.; 09-20-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Cheers mate, you've had some heavy hitters on this week, great to see the Tiger get a run but I'm picking your Balboa deluxe, I really like the clean lines of this model and it's a great photo to show it off.
          Cheers Tim. The Deluxe is quite a unique piece, and definitely a favourite.

Comment

Wearing this rare DS this week, itīs also part of the 3 piece package which arrived from Japan.

It did get proper wear in the past but the minor scratches are almost invisible.

The strange thing is that the case back says Balboa 36.

Can anyone verify this information?

DS! GOLD.JPG
            Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
              Wearing this rare DS this week, itīs also part of the 3 piece package which arrived from Japan.

It did get proper wear in the past but the minor scratches are almost invisible.

The strange thing is that the case back says Balboa 36.

Can anyone verify this information?

DS! GOLD.JPG
              That's very interesting Marcus, I can't tell from that photo if the case is gold or silver and some of the gold cases are quite pale anyway. I do know that the DS36 came with a gold hour ring on a gold dial and also like this, gold on silver, but why it would have that on the case back, I don't know. The only reference I can find is to a Rado Balboa Star 36, which is what we would otherwise call, a Goldstone Balboa. Sorry I can't be of more help, hopefully someone else will have the answer for you.

Comment

Longines Masters Series collaborative DiaStar for me today. Some great watches on display guys
                29F4EFBC-D198-467D-9C4D-FDAED021E8C4.jpeg

See my collection slideshow at
                http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

Black dialed 101 on Sunday, then also, a new arrival from a 3 piece package the rest of the week. Iíve got one of those light gold Diastar 1ís with the gold chapter rings Marcus. Iíll find it and see if itís marked like yours. F3C9ED7A-CAA8-49EB-A5B3-863173AB0844.jpeg DCCEA0F6-90C3-4AE8-AB51-9BE36F4287CD.jpeg

Comment

That's very interesting Marcus, I can't tell from that photo if the case is gold or silver and some of the gold cases are quite pale anyway. I do know that the DS36 came with a gold hour ring on a gold dial and also like this, gold on silver, but why it would have that on the case back, I don't know. The only reference I can find is to a Rado Balboa Star 36, which is what we would otherwise call, a Goldstone Balboa. Sorry I can't be of more help, hopefully someone else will have the answer for you.
                    Yeah, it has a champagne case as you can see in the pic below.
                    I really hope somebody can figure out if the case is original..

Btw, the original mounted bracelet was a worn japanese 7row two tone.

_20190920_120417.JPG
                    Last edited by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.; 09-20-2019, 08:15 AM.
                    Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

I checked mine Marcus. It is marked Diastar 36 on the caseback with a 633 reference number. 81C04861-8B8E-4B96-B7F1-00CED3EC22F6.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
                        I checked mine Marcus. It is marked Diastar 36 on the caseback with a 633 reference number. 81C04861-8B8E-4B96-B7F1-00CED3EC22F6.jpeg
                        mine is marked DiaStar 36 with 633 ref too

2B3F6F54-539C-4F57-9178-D5E3F2AA0313.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
                          Black dialed 101 on Sunday, then also, a new arrival from a 3 piece package the rest of the week. Iíve got one of those light gold Diastar 1ís with the gold chapter rings Marcus. Iíll find it and see if itís marked like yours. F3C9ED7A-CAA8-49EB-A5B3-863173AB0844.jpeg DCCEA0F6-90C3-4AE8-AB51-9BE36F4287CD.jpeg
                          Thatís a nice Chrono, was tracking that one myself. Howís it running? Do you think the seconds hand is original or a replacement for an anchor shaped hand?
                          Last edited by JohnPat; 09-20-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnPat View Post

Thatís a nice Chrono, was tracking that one myself. Howís it running? Do you think the seconds hand is original or a replacement for an anchor shaped hand?
                            It runs very well, with the chrono functions working perfect and reset perfect also. The hands seem to all be original.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnPat View Post

mine is marked DiaStar 36 with 633 ref too

2B3F6F54-539C-4F57-9178-D5E3F2AA0313.jpeg

Interesting!
                              We have the same models with same reference numbers but different model names here on the table. So where do we go?
                              For now i will leave the case back where it is (too german?).
                              Last edited by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.; 09-20-2019, 01:33 PM.
                              Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Working...
                              X