• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    Originally posted by pecardoso View Post

Wow you have sold many gems.
    I have...all my NCCs, Electrics, complications, Balboas, and other wacky pieces have moved out. I think I only own my pair of 56-Hs, a DS2 and some DS1 pieces (from which I made a DS2 Chronometer), one each of the Manhattan sizes, 2 Green Horse Daymasters, and the 25-jewel FHF 74-2. I find the discussion and research of Rados is more compelling to me than owning a whole bunch of them!

Leave a comment:

• pecardoso
    replied
    Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post

Actually, no. I had traded for it around 2008 and a year or two ago I sold it back to the previous owner in a 4-watch deal going his direction.
    I found I was not wearing it at all, and it got swept away in general divestment activities.
    Wow you have sold many gems.

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    Originally posted by pecardoso View Post
    Brad what happened to your diastar 54, do you still have it?
    Actually, no. I had traded for it around 2008 and a year or two ago I sold it back to the previous owner in a 4-watch deal going his direction.
    I found I was not wearing it at all, and it got swept away in general divestment activities.

Leave a comment:

• pecardoso
    replied
    Brad what happened to your diastar 54, do you still have it?

Leave a comment:

• scottjc
    replied
    Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

This is a hammer and post type alarm, correct?
    I haven't looked at the mechanism yet but it's quite a furious buzz sound.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by scottjc View Post

Thanks Henry.
    I wonder if the lack of examples seen is down to the movement or alarm mechanism failing over time. I was quite surprised when I figured how to set the alarm off, not the sound I expected.
    This is a hammer and post type alarm, correct?

Leave a comment:

• scottjc
    replied
    Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    There are Rados made in smaller numbers than that, but it seems that not many alarms remain. Congratulations on getting one of the rare Rado models around. I think it's in pretty great original shape, patina and all. Of the very few examples I have ever seen, most were in pretty dire condition.
    Thanks Henry.
    I wonder if the lack of examples seen is down to the movement or alarm mechanism failing over time. I was quite surprised when I figured how to set the alarm off, not the sound I expected.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    There are Rados made in smaller numbers than that, but it seems that not many alarms remain. Congratulations on getting one of the rare Rado models around. I think it's in pretty great original shape, patina and all. Of the very few examples I have ever seen, most were in pretty dire condition.

Leave a comment:

• scottjc
    replied
    Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post

Among Rado alarm watches, I would reserve Grail status for the Diastar 54. It is not much rarer according to production figures, but I've seen only 3-4 of them in the past 12-13 years!
    I've never seen one, although I know that they exist.

Leave a comment:

• scottjc
    replied
    Originally posted by JOSE G View Post
    That's an interesting piece, congratulations.
    Thanks Jose.

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    ...I wouldn't actually call it a grail...
    Among Rado alarm watches, I would reserve Grail status for the Diastar 54. It is not much rarer according to production figures, but I've seen only 3-4 of them in the past 12-13 years!
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 08-13-2019, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JOSE G
    replied
    That's an interesting piece, congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• scottjc
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim. View Post
    Congratulations mate, another grail ,great find and great bargaining skills.
    Thanks mate.
    I wouldn't actually call it a grail as I wasn't particularly looking for one but it's a keeper.

Leave a comment:

• Tim.
    replied
    Congratulations mate, another grail ,great find and great bargaining skills.

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    Thanks Brad.
    I actually paid less than you sold yours for, I said it was a decent price.
    There a bit of patina on the dial but that's a sign of authenticity to me and, amazingly, the alarm still works.
    A bargain!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X