Rado Day-Night ref. no. 11846

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rado Day-Night ref. no. 11846

I've been trying to gather information about this piece I inherited from my grandfather but it seems it's a rather rare combination of dial, indexes amd date window. The Rado customer service was able to pinpoint the production year to 1966. I've found an original crystal online (to have it just in case) but any other spare parts are difficult to come by. The movement was serviced last year and runs very well. Would anyone happen to have more info or perhaps even a catalogue / ad containing this particular model? Or spare parts for that matter?

Nice one. You dont need to stash spare parts, it will work good for a few years until nxt service
    https://www.instagram.com/the_rado_collector/

Comment

Very nice piece. I agree with Pablo, I've found that my watch repair guy doesn't have any trouble finding parts for my vintage Rados, internal parts that is, original crowns and crystals may be a little harder though.

Comment

Thanks guys. Indeed, I'm not worried about internal parts so much but it would be nice to have a spare dial or crown.

Comment

Hello and welcome. That's actually in great shape and a really nice Day/Night. I have a somewhat similar Starliner. I wouldn't do a thing to it cosmetically except maybe getting a proper Rado bracelet. You will likely never need new hands or a dial. If you do need movement parts Rado used common movements and tended to use the same movement in many different models.
          Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Hi!

Congrats, a very nice Day-Night in excellent condition!
            I completely agree with the other guys here.
            All i can add is some info from my register:
            Beside the 11846 with date exists a day/date version 11847.
            Both versions were made 1966 - 69.
            Best regards, Mike
            vintage-rado.de

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
              Hello and welcome. That's actually in great shape and a really nice Day/Night. I have a somewhat similar Starliner. I wouldn't do a thing to it cosmetically except maybe getting a proper Rado bracelet. You will likely never need new hands or a dial. If you do need movement parts Rado used common movements and tended to use the same movement in many different models.
              Hello and thanks! I am actually having the original bracelet restored. The end link was missing so I found a guy who will attempt to 3D print it.

Comment

Originally posted by mike184 View Post
                Hi!

Congrats, a very nice Day-Night in excellent condition!
                I completely agree with the other guys here.
                All i can add is some info from my register:
                Beside the 11846 with date exists a day/date version 11847.
                Both versions were made 1966 - 69.
                Thanks, appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                X