Rado 129.0195.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rado 129.0195.3

Hi. It's anyone able to tell me anything about this watch? I've never heard of Rado before and while I can find their website, I've not been able to find this watch. I'm guessing it's 20+ years old? Thanks.

Hi David,

I wish I had better news for you, but there are pretty strong indications that your watch is not an authentic Rado. I hope you haven't paid too much for it.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
      Hi David,
      ... there are pretty strong indications that your watch is not an authentic Rado.
      It does look a lot like one of these 1984 models, although in black:

orig.jpg

What are your suspicions, Hank?

Also, this 1982 model:

Last edited by Watch Carefully; 06-10-2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

It does look a lot like one of those pre-Anatoms. The serial number is poorly stamped. I am completely unfamiliar with a clasp of that configuration on a Rado and those case back retaining units.

It would certainly be worth David's time to contact Rado, who should have data on these models. I am always happy to be proven wrong.

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post

It does look a lot like one of these 1984 models, although in black:

orig.jpg

What are your suspicions, Hank?

Also, this 1982 model:

Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 06-10-2019, 11:12 AM.
        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Thanks very much for the replies. I didn't pay anything for it as it was recently passed along to me by my father after his death. I was trying to find out about the watch in the hopes of gaining some insight as to what drew him to it and caused him to save it for so long as opposed to many others throughout his career. Strange, I know, but there it is. All replies are greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidE View Post
            Thanks very much for the replies. I didn't pay anything for it as it was recently passed along to me by my father after his death. I was trying to find out about the watch in the hopes of gaining some insight as to what drew him to it and caused him to save it for so long as opposed to many others throughout his career. Strange, I know, but there it is. All replies are greatly appreciated.
            Perhaps he bought it at a time in his life when that design spoke to him, it's a pretty cool dress watch and the ceramic technology would have been cutting edge at the time. I guess he kept it because, due to that technology, it looks as good today as the day he bought it. It looks very much the same as others with that model number right down to the unusual fastenings. It's true, the logo on the back appears etched rather than stamped but if it needs a battery, authenticity could easily be confirmed by looking at the movement or maybe you have the original box and papers?

Comment

I had one like this watch, but in a silver and gold color combination and white dial. I sold it since I really never liked it, got it in a lot. I think yours is a nice watch, I like the color combination. And I think it is authentic.

The squares in the bezel front are the screw heads and the "retaining units" are bolts, together they hold both bezels (top and bottom golden parts), so the cristal comes to the front. You know square dial and round caseback!

Btw the bracelet in mine was a two part sliding one instead of a three fold one
              https://www.instagram.com/the_rado_collector/

Comment

Hi!

I agree with Brad and pecardoso, Iīm sure itīs authentic and one of those pre-Anatom(from the design) DiaStars, made from 1982 up to
                the 1990s, AFAIK .
                The Anatom came 1985, looks very similar but has a different case construction without the screwheads on top of the case.
                You can find a lot of these watches in the www with different colour combinations, different closes on the bracelet.
                and different backs, embossed and etched.
                The movement inside is an ESA/ETA 956.411 or 412, Quartz, d, 8ū'''.

Hard to find out the exact reason why your father has kept just this watch and has given away a few others.
                Itīs a nice, classical and timeless design, the tungstencarbide covers on case and bracelet together with the sapphire crystal successfully
                prevented traces of wear. But also possible that the watch just had been associated with s.th. which happened at the time he bought/wore it.
                At least you have a nice keepsake of your father. Maybe it just needs a new battery(362) after cleaning the battery contacts.
                Best regards, Mike
                vintage-rado.de

Comment

Working...
                X