Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Sizing Band

I have had a 658.0637.3.015 since 2015. Neither
    the shop I bought it from or the AD that worked on it the other day can figure out how to remove the half link near the clasp. It is too loose with a full link added and somewhat to tight with it removed. Leaves some indentations on my wrist. Needs the half link removed and a full link added. Any idea where in Los Angeles I can take it to? I am at a loss. I love the watch but unless I can have this done it is too loose or tight!

I've just looked and unfortunately all 4 of the watches I have with that bracelet have the half link in place. It seems to be held in by the same method as all the other adjustable links, ie a pin that's a press fit, in some watches it's directional, but there's no arrow to give a clue on that. Surprising that the AD doesn't have the equipment to do it with. The only thing I can suggest is that you remove the bracelet from the watch and freeze it, this shrinks the metal (the hole will get bigger and the pin smaller) and will sometimes give enough clearance. Failing that, find a company that does fine engineering and can drill it out, although, once again, a watchmaker would presumably have the same equipment available.

I'm assuming we're talking about this watch.

Comment

If it's the watch that Tim posted I have a few so will have a look at how to remove the half link.
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Right, I've just removed the half link on my Diastar Original XL bracelet and put it back together and I'm extremely surprised that the AD didn't know how to do it. I would also say that, if your watchmaker can't figure it out, you should probably find another watchmaker.
        I initially thought that it could be removed using a standard link remover like this.

20190525_121547.jpg

However the push button release prevents this so I went back to basics.

20190525_121947.jpg

These pictures show the link you want to remove from different angles.

20190525_123224.jpg

20190525_123242.jpg

20190525_123303.jpg

You can see that there is a 'T' and a 'U' part, I'll come back to those in a minute. The first thing to do is remove the pin attaching it to the clasp.

20190525_123358.jpg

You can now see what you're working with.

One pin holds the half link so remove that.

20190525_123419.jpg

This will also release the 'U' piece. Be careful not to lose the sleeve that lines the pin hole as that allows the bracelet to flex properly.

Remove the pin that holds the 'T' piece.

20190525_123438.jpg

20190525_123456.jpg

You now need to install the 'U' piece where the 'T' piece was and reattach the clasp.

Hope this helps. It's a fiddly job but not difficult, hence my surprise that neither the AD or watchmaker were able to figure it out.

Comment

Thanks. Yes. That is the watch I have. I will have to call some other watchmakers? I am at a loss.,I would think that Rado could help but when I contacted them a couple of years ago all I got back was a message saying sorry we do not work with or se half links for your watch. Is it possible that that half link cannot be removed on this particular band?

Comment

Originally posted by JonoPapa View Post
            Thanks. Yes. That is the watch I have. I will have to call some other watchmakers? I am at a loss.,I would think that Rado could help but when I contacted them a couple of years ago all I got back was a message saying sorry we do not work with or se half links for your watch. Is it possible that that half link cannot be removed on this particular band?
            I have exactly the same watch and managed to remove it. If it can't be removed there's no point in having a half link.

Comment

Hi!

Incredible that they are not able to remove a halflink.
              I have the same bracelet on my DS Quartz Chronograph.
              I have large wrists and so I had to add a link and a halflink.
              No problem to add or remove them.

DS Quartz Chrono bracelet.jpg
              Best regards, Mike
              vintage-rado.de

Comment

Working...
              X