X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim.
    replied
    Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
    I did some digging and found this one Tim. Case is a bit over polished but I like the blue stone markers. 7C829285-5A12-494B-B142-2BF35F80CE90.jpeg
    A rare beast Kevin, very nice, hopefully there's another one out there somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim. View Post

What a great rut to be stuck in Brad, I like all of these, especially your new diver, but I'm going with this one, a worthwhile project that ended in such a perfect result.
    Many thanks, Tim. It's gratifying to own that watch, and all the RGM products I've had. The crew there really strive to stay true to the traditional methods and they have a keen eye for design.

Leave a comment:

• jethrobodine
    replied
    I did some digging and found this one Tim. Case is a bit over polished but I like the blue stone markers. 7C829285-5A12-494B-B142-2BF35F80CE90.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Tim.
    replied
    Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
    I grabbed the same one today

_20190517_093946.JPG
    Great minds Marcus.
    Last edited by Tim.; 05-18-2019, 09:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tim.
    replied
    Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

I so very nearly wore mine today, so I have to pick the blue stripe 101.
    Thanks Henry, it's such a big bright watch, there's no mistaking when you have it on.

This week I'm going with your seldom seen vintage Gruen, such a nice design with those rounded lugs and a factory expanding bracelet! Very evocative of another era.

Leave a comment:

• Tim.
    replied
    Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
    That NCC blue stripe is a stunner, Tim.

For my trip to Maryland mid-week, I chose a watch made by some guys in Lancaster County Pennsylvania, using a movement produced in the city of Lancaster, Pennsylvania:

I'm in a rut, it seems, but I'm enjoying it!

What a great rut to be stuck in Brad, I like all of these, especially your new diver, but I'm going with this one, a worthwhile project that ended in such a perfect result.

Leave a comment:

• Tim.
    replied
    Originally posted by scottjc View Post
    A nicely eclectic selection this week Tim. I'm going with the DS chronometer as it's an all time favourite of mine.

Thanks mate, they are a lovely watch and despite never having had this one serviced, I'm always pleasantly surprised to find it's still runs to within 4 or 5 seconds a day.
    As usual you've knocked it out of the park with your selection of watches. I'm with Henry in one respect, that I'm choosing your Lapis 505 combo, but in another respect I'm not, because despite the fact that I don't own any, I do like Lapis.

20190515_194914.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Unusual for me to pick a non-Rado, but this is just so beautiful.

A perfect piece of Bauhaus design.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by mike184 View Post

Hi Henry!

With a diameter of 43 mm and 53 mm lug to lug, my MForce isnīt really a beast.
    And the titanium makes it light weighted and comfortable in compare to a SS diver.

AFAIK, "The Beast" for heavy and large SS-divers of different brands is used by sellers and
    watch enthusiasts only, not by any watch company.
    Hi Mike!

I don't have anything left of the Beast. I sent the paperwork and boxes on when I gifted it, but I am fairly certain that Orient specifically referred to that giant version of the M-Force as The Beast.

I found a Worn and Wound article on an earlier iteration of it that seems to imply that I may be correct.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied

The one you don't like is your favourite? Not sure how to take that...
    The one with the dial I generally don't like... That should have read "Even though...the 505 looks so good that..." etc.

Leave a comment:

• scottjc
    replied
    Unusual for me to pick a non-Rado, but this is just so beautiful.

aP1011109 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• mike184
    replied

That looks much smaller than the M-Force Ti I used to have. Of course , Orient didn't name it The Beast for no reason.
    Hi Henry!

With a diameter of 43 mm and 53 mm lug to lug, my MForce isnīt really a beast.
    And the titanium makes it light weighted and comfortable in compare to a SS diver.

AFAIK, "The Beast" for heavy and large SS-divers of different brands is used by sellers and
    watch enthusiasts only, not by any watch company.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    If anyone is interested but hasn't read my scuba thread yet here is the link to it.
    http://www.equationoftime.com/forums...nture-in-scuba

My Dive card nearly beat us home, so great work from the CTI Dive shop and PADI. Now to log all my dives at the dive locker.

20190517_072521.jpg

My week... Let's see. I think I wore the D-Star until Monday night.

P4130004_01 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Tuesday, a transitional day. Still a dive/adventure type watch but much smaller than the 42mms I've been wearing for the last two weeks.

P9280094 smart copy copy by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Wednesday back to a big watch, but only because I missed it a lot.

PA150156 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Thursday a rare outing for this very small watch; mid-50s Gruen Precision on factory expandable bracelet.

P1018750a_zps699e18d1 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Today, more small and simple. After the Gruen I think this is my next smallest watch.

aP1011109 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• scottjc
    replied

As you well know I don't even like lapis and yet this is the clear winner for me this week.
    The one you don't like is your favourite? Not sure how to take that...

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
    I grabbed the same one today

_20190517_093946.JPG
    As Scott says, hard to beat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X