Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A 36,000bph Chronometer I wish I could share with Miles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 36,000bph Chronometer I wish I could share with Miles...

I just took delivery of something really cool and I know Miles would be really happy for me. Frankly, were he still alive, I would have sent him a note to him, notifying him of its availability, and I suspect he would have bought it. Considering we've lost him, I'd be pretty darn happy to lose this auction to him. Instead, I bought it, somewhat in his memory. Whether I keep it long or not, I'm glad for the opportunity to experience this and think fondly of a departed friend.

For your viewing pleasure, a late 1960s Favre-Leuba Chronometer 36000 with original fitted NSA bracelet and display box:

It requires a bit of attention (crystal, some case refinishing, and movement service) but all the right bits are present, and I'm fairly certain it is 100% original. I've contacted Favre-Leuba directly, to see if any records are available and to learn more so I can include this in an article I'm outlining.
    Thanks for your time,
    Brad
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 04-04-2019, 11:27 AM.

Very nice Brad and I agree with you about Miles.

Comment

It really has a clean dial, which I discovered when taking the case apart to clean it and the bracelet:

(Sorry for the blurry cell photo)

With a new crystal, it really shows better. The minute markers are red and blue...very sharp:

Comment

Nice watch. Congrats Brad
        https://www.instagram.com/the_rado_collector/

Comment

Lovely piece, congratulations Brad. In total agreement with your sentiments regarding Miles.

Comment

Beautiful watch, congrats. I had to get old, after being a native Viennese I just recently found a Company in Vienna that makes highclass watches, Heres the link for anybody interested: https://www.carlsuchy.com/de/ Cheers Peter

Comment

I spotted its twin...with a 7-row NSA:

another_chronometer_36000_NSA.jpg

Looks good on that bracelet, IMO!

Comment

The nice folks from Favre-Leuba have provided me with some information, including this catalog page from 1970:

Note that my watch is the farthest right. Below is another catalog image I found on-line, though my watch is not included.
                F-L offered a nice variety of NSA bracelets in the early 1970s. They will certainly look familiar to Rado collectors:

Comment

Our friend John has provided something nice also...a page which shows my watch, with the NSA bracelet:

a6619b25-086b-4b1a-b19f-d6703a90b023.JPG

Thanks very much!

Comment

I wanted to share some new photos...
                    I am hoping to get the nec. part(s) to have this watch running again. I know Miles would have supported this endeavor!

Comment

I'm sure we all hope you can get it running again Brad, the movement looks to be in pretty good shape, does it need many parts replacing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                        I'm sure we all hope you can get it running again Brad, the movement looks to be in pretty good shape, does it need many parts replacing ?
                        IMO, it only needs a balance staff and cleaning/oiling. I've been trying to find a parts movement...so far to no avail.

Comment

Working...
                        X