MMff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMff

Happy Friday everyone. Let's see your watches. Here's mine. I've had a bit of a chrono week this week, 5 days out of seven anyway.

I wore my '74 model DS 1 Chronometer last weekend.

Weekend.jpg

A Seiko Divers Solar Chronograph on Monday. No Pizzas were eaten during the wearing of this watch, I did have a nice swim in the ocean though, the water's still very warm after Summer.

Mon.jpg

DS 40 LE on Tuesday.

Tue.jpg

No chronos on Wednesday as I spent all day working on my daughter's car, so a watch of any sort would've been in the way. I did slip my StratoJet F on when I went out in the late afternoon though.

Wed.jpg

Balboa Chronometer on Thursday.

Thus.jpg

Marstron today, not a chronometer, still pretty accurate though. Have a great weekend everyone.

Fri.jpg
    Last edited by Tim.; 03-08-2019, 03:04 AM.

Great selection Tim, Electrosonic for me today

8AF6C8D1-7D40-4F0E-86D9-A45EF7CEE66F.jpeg
    See my collection slideshow at
    http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

Exceptional Esonic, John!
      I am wearing my Lapis NCC 303 today.
      _20190308_133044.JPG
      ​​​
      Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
        ​​​
        and thanks to you it now keeps accurate time too!
        See my collection slideshow at
        http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

Originally posted by JohnPat View Post

and thanks to you it now keeps accurate time too!
          My pleasure!
          Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
            Happy Friday everyone. Let's see your watches. Here's mine. I've had a bit of a chrono week this week, 5 days out of seven anyway.

No chronos on Wednesday as I spent all day working on my daughter's car, so a watch of any sort would've been in the way. I did slip my StratoJet F on when I went out in the late afternoon though.

Wed.jpg
            Great week of chronos, both kinds, Tim Despite that, I am picking your Strato Jet for watch of the week.

Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Great looking esonic John.

Comment

_20190308_133044.JPG
                ​​​
                That's a beautiful slice of lapis Pimp.

Comment

My week. As mentioned in last weeks thread I wore the Hyperchrome Golden Horse for numerous days in a row, until my scuba class on Monday night in fact.

29544190703_c995d507f2_o smart copy copy by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

A my first class I experienced a problem I've not had in the water before. I couldn't see very well. Normally my keratoconus symptoms are better underwater, but I couldn't read my compass, could barely guess at the pressure gauge and even had a hard time making out the instructors hand signals. Tuesday I took the QuartzTiki to my regular indoor pool to see if something weird had happened to my eyes. Nothing had. I am pretty sure it is just the underwater lights at the pool where I take my instruction and do my confined space dives. I'll have to struggle through this part with some understanding from the instructors.

PA310032 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Wednesday, Accustar

P4060417 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Yesterday I wore my Dia 1 chronometer

P4070010 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

And today? Today I feel fancy... Ceramica

P2020134 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Comment

Still wearing my new frankensonic. 24BB63B0-6BE5-45C9-B84F-7476EC5A47F7.jpeg

Comment

Went a bit modern this week with my Diamaster XL

B2A2FF21-4C5A-4916-AE29-996AD5260B19.jpeg

Comment

Thanks JP, that's a lovely Esonic, mine is currently at the watchmaker, hoping to have it back next week.

Comment

_20190308_133044.JPG
                          ​​​
                          I think that's one of the nicest slices of Lapis I've seen Marcus, lucky you.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

Great week of chronos, both kinds, Tim Despite that, I am picking your Strato Jet for watch of the week.
                            Thanks Henry, It's an unusual piece and I don't often wear it cause I don't want to polish the crystal again, I think I was lucky not to break it the first time round.

You've made it difficult again this week and in a bit of a twist I'm choosing your Accustar, a lot of people find them boring but I think this photo catches what I like about them perfectly, it has a sort of mystery about it.

P.S. I agree about seeing under water, my vision improves too, I think it has a natural magnifying effect. Glad to hear it was only the pool lighting that gave you the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Thanks Henry, It's an unusual piece and I don't often wear it cause I don't want to polish the crystal again, I think I was lucky not to break it the first time round.

You've made it difficult again this week and in a bit of a twist I'm choosing your Accustar, a lot of people find them boring but I think this photo catches what I like about them perfectly, it has a sort of mystery about it.

P.S. I agree about seeing under water, my vision improves too, I think it has a natural magnifying effect. Glad to hear it was only the pool lighting that gave you the problem.

Yes, the Strato Jet is unusual even for Rado.

Thanks Tim. The Accustar is another of those watches that I like more than I think I should.

PS: You are correct. Water magnifies things by about a third. In my case a lot of my vision problem is glare off of my cornea and the combination of water and goggles/mask generally seem to reduce glare for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X