X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOSE G
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim. View Post

You were right we did have quite a cross over this week. It could have been even more so as I had planned to wear my DS 40 on Thursday but as I was running late didn't have time to set it.
    You've set a high bar this week, but I'm going to give the nod to your Abalone Balboa and cufflink combo, very smart.
    I'll second that.

Leave a comment:

• Tim.
    replied
    Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    3 Accustars again! I am pretty sure once is exceedingly uncommon, but this has happened a few tmes now.
    Last year sometime, I went through all my photos from all the FF post and was surprised to find that my Accustar scored the most hits, by some margin.

Leave a comment:

• Tim.
    replied
    Originally posted by scottjc View Post
    Another wonderful week of watches on show here again guys. I love it when Funky Fridays bring us all together like they used to.

My week of watches started off with a plan to go through my early 2000's models and I started with the Accustar.

WP_20190107_19_28_46_Pro (2).jpg

Inspiration took me in a different direction on Wednesday and the Aster called out to me.

WP_20190109_19_16_30_Pro (2).jpg

And today I went all out with the abalone Balboa and matching cufflinks.

WP_20190111_07_45_05_Pro (2).jpg

Have a great weekend everyone.
    You were right we did have quite a cross over this week. It could have been even more so as I had planned to wear my DS 40 on Thursday but as I was running late didn't have time to set it.
    You've set a high bar this week, but I'm going to give the nod to your Abalone Balboa and cufflink combo, very smart.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    3 Accustars again! I am pretty sure once is exceedingly uncommon, but this has happened a few tmes now.

Leave a comment:

• scottjc
    replied
    Another wonderful week of watches on show here again guys. I love it when Funky Fridays bring us all together like they used to.

My week of watches started off with a plan to go through my early 2000's models and I started with the Accustar.

WP_20190107_19_28_46_Pro (2).jpg

The theme continued on Tuesday with the Diastar 40.

WP_20190108_17_43_12_Pro (2).jpg

Inspiration took me in a different direction on Wednesday and the Aster called out to me.

WP_20190109_19_16_30_Pro (2).jpg

Back on track on Thursday with the 40 Years Of Diastar.

WP_20190110_18_58_02_Pro (2).jpg

And today I went all out with the abalone Balboa and matching cufflinks.

WP_20190111_07_45_05_Pro (2).jpg

Have a great weekend everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Tim.
    replied
    Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
    I've also seen a couple of green horses with silver white dials that have this pattern. I tried to buy one but was outbid on both occasions.
    Last edited by Tim.; 01-11-2019, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tim.
    replied
    Originally posted by JOSE G View Post
    Sorry to hear that Tim, Florida is the Sunshine State, it's also the lightning capital of the country.
    Hope she has full and speedy recovery.
    Thanks Jose, all going well so far. Lovely green watches this week, you'll be well set up for St. Patrick's day.

Leave a comment:

• Tim.
    replied
    Thanks Kevin, lovely horse and gazelle collection on display this week.

Leave a comment:

• Tim.
    replied
    So sorry to hear about your wife Tim. I hope she has the most complete recovery possible and I hope it happens relatively quickly.

I am going to pick your Aster as well.
    Thanks Henry, she's in good hands and her recovery is progressing well. Great to see you're doing the dive course, no doubt some more serious waterproof photographic equipment will be in the pipeline too. Your LR is my favourite this week.

Leave a comment:

• JOSE G
    replied
    Hard to go wrong with a Tiger and a Manhattan.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Thanks. I still miss it.

No, I meant the hobnail markers and the long stick hands. Mine had a really cool prismatic dial. The vertical lines on it would shift in different light and sometimes even turn into fewer verticals.

conway2.jpg

I thought you were talking about the dial color? Thatís a clean one, Nice! I need to thin out my collection, just have a hard time parting with any.

Leave a comment:

• jethrobodine
    replied
    Here is the one I used to own.

conway.jpg

conway move.jpg

I thought you were talking about the dial color? Thatís a clean one, Nice! I need to thin out my collection, just have a hard time parting with any.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Here is the one I used to own.

conway.jpg

conway move.jpg

Leave a comment:

• jethrobodine
    replied
    Great lineup Kevin. I especially love the Horse. The markers and hands remind me of my much loved Conway.

Iíve got this one. 1A4E7A22-D718-419C-9E30-0AE7CD7DAA26.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Hard to go wrong with a Tiger and a Manhattan.

Originally posted by JOSE G View Post
    Wearing a couple of green this week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X