Carpe Diem for sale on TZSC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpe Diem for sale on TZSC...

Just FYI. These don't come up a lot. I have no idea if the price is advantageous, nor am I affiliated with the seller. Per the description is is in quite good condition...

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...50#msg_7579630

DSC00079_73083514-40ba-4e5c-a960-306c3cde4008.JPG?v=1545614149.jpg

I hear Rob is a stand up guy.The last two i saw were going for $1K and more, so with a one year warranty from Topper that seems to be a very good price.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

I've certainly seem them with prices north of $1k so this is good value. Not for me though sadly.
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Having looked around a bit, I agree it's a good deal and Rob does have a fine reputation.
        However, I'm not sure I could actually use it for quickly determining correct time.

Comment

Hate to admit, but I canít tell what time this one says?

Comment

According to this, the time is 3.40 and 42 seconds if it was zeroed to the first marker on the seconds disc. As for the inner and outer coloured discs, they're adjustable, but it's anyone's guess what you'd use them for.

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 9.03.31 AM.png
            Last edited by Tim.; 01-04-2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
              According to this, the time is 3.40 and 42 seconds if it was zeroed to the first marker on the seconds disc. As for the inner and outer coloured discs, they're adjustable, but it's anyone's guess what you'd use them for.

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 9.03.31 AM.png
              If all of the documentation is there, the Cape Diem comes with an extensive illustrated guide.
              Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

On a related topic, I once had a vanity plate on my car with these letters:
                CRPADM
                (Delaware only has 6 spaces on their number plates, so I could not go with something more complete like CARPEDM.)
                I used to get a huge kick out of watching people's confusion at stoplights when they sat behind me trying to figure it out.

Said vehicle: (Feb. 1990)

Last edited by Watch Carefully; 01-07-2019, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                  Said vehicle: (Feb. 1990)

Lovely Golf Brad, although I'm not sold on the wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
                    Lovely Golf Brad, although I'm not sold on the wheels.
                    Yes, the wheels being body-color were a bit over-the-top. However, I ran it as I bought it...the previous owner had:
                    1. Painted the wheels
                    2. mounted shaved racing tires
                    3. lowered the suspension >1"
                    4. installed a bigger cam
                    5. and larger throttle body
                    6. added a stress bar across the front shock towers
                    7. removed catalytic converter
                    8. installed stainless exhaust and race header
                    I went from driving the slowest car I've ever owned to driving this GTI...at age 22. It ruined me for ordinary cars.
                    It may explain why I bought this recently (the quickest car I've owned yet):

Comment

A Golf R? Very nice!
                      I must admit that I'm a bit of a VW fanboy and am waiting for the release of the Tiguan R before my next upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
                        A Golf R? Very nice!
                        I must admit that I'm a bit of a VW fanboy and am waiting for the release of the Tiguan R before my next upgrade.
                        Yes, it's a 2016 R with 6-speed manual. I was vacillating between a used R, a new R and a new GTI Autobahn. I went with top performance and low price.
                        Holy moly, it's an entertaining and capable car. Very civilised, very quick, and very sure-footed.

Good luck with the Tiguan search! I'm not sure an R version of that is available in the USA...maybe "R-line" is, such as I've seen on Passats.
                        What I really want is a Scirocco R, but that car was never offered here.

Comment

Yes, it's a 2016 R with 6-speed manual. I was vacillating between a used R, a new R and a new GTI Autobahn. I went with top performance and low price.
                          Holy moly, it's an entertaining and capable car. Very civilised, very quick, and very sure-footed.

Good luck with the Tiguan search! I'm not sure an R version of that is available in the USA...maybe "R-line" is, such as I've seen on Passats.
                          What I really want is a Scirocco R, but that car was never offered here.
                          Golfs are just the best drivers cars around, either GTI or R.
                          I currently have a Tiguan R-Line but there is talk of a five cylinder 300bhp R being released. Seat have done that with the Cupra Ateca so I expect VW to follow suit.

Comment

Working...
                          X