MMff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMff

Well here we are, it's the last Friday before Christmas and indeed the penultimate Friday of 2018. It's been quite an eventful year on many fronts, even so, it seems to have gone by in a flash. To those of you who are going away and will be out of contact, here's wishing you a safe, happy and very Merry Christmas. Here are the watches that told my time this week.

Last weekend, something a little different to the usual weekend wear, NCC 101.

Weekend.jpg

Monday was a great day.

Mon.jpg

Manhattan Tuesday.

Tue.jpg

My Balboa Eiger MK1 on Wednesday.

Wed (2).jpg

Thursday's Blue Diastar XL 100m.

Thus.jpg

Today, a classic favourite, the New Green Horse. I've not worn this for about 7 weeks and it's immediately apparent how comfortable it is. Have a great weekend everybody.

Fri.jpg
    Last edited by Tim.; 12-21-2018, 05:05 AM.

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
    Well here we are, it's the last Friday before Christmas and indeed the penultimate Friday of 2018. It's been quite an eventful year on many fronts, even so, it seems to have gone by in a flash. To those of you who are going away and will be out of contact, here's wishing you a safe, happy and very Merry Christmas. Here's the watches that told my time this week.

Weekend.jpg

Monday was a great day.

Mon.jpg

Manhattan Tuesday.

Tue.jpg

Wed (2).jpg

Thus.jpg

Today, a classic favourite, the New Green Horse. I've not worn this for about 7 weeks and it's immediately apparent how comfortable it is. Have a great weekend everybody.

Fri.jpg
    A suitably eclectic week of watches to round out the year (almost).
    Very difficult to choose a winner as the Mk1 Eiger and Diastar Original XL are among my personal favourites but, as we don't see it very often, I'm going to pick the NCC101.
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Very nice Tim, now go get your shades.
      It's a beautiful S. Florida day.
      Have a great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JOSE G View Post
        Have a great weekend.

Gorgeous watch and surroundings Jose!

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post

Gorgeous watch and surroundings Jose!
          Thanks.

Comment

Have a great weekend.

Thanks for the warning Jose, fortunately it's summer here, so the sunnies were close at hand. That watch fits in perfectly with your lush Floridian surrounds.

Comment

Well here we are, it's the last Friday before Christmas and indeed the penultimate Friday of 2018. It's been quite an eventful year on many fronts, even so, it seems to have gone by in a flash. To those of you who are going away and will be out of contact, here's wishing you a safe, happy and very Merry Christmas. Here are the watches that told my time this week.

Weekend.jpg

Monday was a great day.

Mon.jpg

Manhattan Tuesday.

Tue.jpg

Wed (2).jpg

Thus.jpg

Fri.jpg
              What a wonderfully eclectic week Tim! While I have personal preferences in your week of watches, I am not going to pick a favourite. Rather, I am picking your whole week. I love it!
              Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Have a great weekend.

Great watch and view Jose! I am jealous.

Comment

Here it is the shortest day of the year. We have about 7 3/4 hours of daylight today whereas we have 16 1/2 on June 21. Worse yet we have a little over 12 hours of true night, whereas the last two weeks of June and the first week of July do not have a any.

Saturday was our staff Christmas party
                  20181215_175248.jpg

Sunday was a recycled picture day...

PB220189 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Monday was the new Louis

PC162229.jpg

Tuesday

P3260007 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Wednesday

32318397411_99a0c4a8aa_o.jpg

Thursday was this, which I don't think I have ever shown as worn. This is one darn thin watch, discounting the crystal.

P9072031 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Today started out with a tool watch. I had to change the power supply on one of my flat bed cutters and that involved a lot of crawling, shimmying and rolling around on the floor. This got the nod.

P8110058 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Then, just after I finished, something I only bought on Monday(?) arrived from the Philippines. A quick clean and crystal polish...

PC222228.jpg
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

What a wonderfully eclectic week Tim! While I have personal preferences in your week of watches, I am not going to pick a favourite. Rather, I am picking your whole week. I love it!
                    Wow, many thanks Henry. Firstly, congratulations on the new addition to your Captain Cook family, it looks to be in very good condition. Great photos and variety as always, I'm really liking that new LR and I think it's quite a "Christmasy" looking watch. This week I'm going with your Honestas, so rarely seen and such a strikingly interesting dial.
                    Last edited by Tim.; 12-21-2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Wow, many thanks Henry. Firstly, congratulations on the new addition to your Captain Cook family, it looks to be in very good condition. Great photos and variety as always, I'm really liking that new LR and I think it's quite a "Christmasy" looking watch. This week I'm going with your Honestas, so rarely seen and such a strikingly interesting dial.
                      You are most welcome Tim.

I am not complaining about the Captain Cook, but I was kind of hoping for something that needed more work. It's far from perfect, but considering the absurdly low price I paid there is a lot to like.

Comment

Kevin, you hit it out of the ballpark this week.

Comment

A fine week of rarities Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
                            A tough choice for a favourite this week Henry so I'm choosing two.

Comment

Working...
                            X