Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rado Forum at Loggerheads...or, how Scott and Brad spent their Friday evening.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scottjc
    replied
    Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
    We seem to have lost some later posts from this thread. Has anyone had issues like that on other threads recently?
    Brad
    I lost a post from this thread. As Henry said, I couldn't open the site at all yesterday evening.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    We seem to have lost some later posts from this thread. Has anyone had issues like that on other threads recently?
    Brad
    Only this thread. I think it was a bit of weirdness yesterday as Scott couldn't log on either.

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    Brad

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    Originally posted by scottjc View Post

A beautiful piece Henry. A little small for every day wear for me, as I commented to Brad at the time, but the craftsmanship is immediately apparent.
    That Brad had it on a mesh bracelet was very attractive, I know that changing it to a leather strap would completely alter the look and feel but I'm not sure how that would sit with me.
    Yes indeed:

Once the thin-ness of it begins to appeal to you, the possibilities are endless.

For my money, it's best on medium-brown straps rather than black ones. I like it on the original straps shown above (now 15 years old!) or on Sirtoli ostrich (slightly padded, top photo), but it is usually kept on the 3.5mm Staib mesh (which is thicker than the movement!):

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    cucumber yoghurt sauce
    Yes! Tzatziki sauce...my favorite part of any gyro. I don't care for tomatoes, nor excessive use of red onion, but meat, lettuce, pita, some sweet onion, and loads of tzatziki make me a happy boy.

Leave a comment:

• scottjc
    replied

Funnily enough I had chicken kebab and naan with the Yorkshireman on Friday night.
    A meal fit for a king! You'd certainly fit in around here.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    The chicken/doner kebabs sold near here are often in naan bread instead of pitta.
    I can imagine a certain bunch of guests arriving Chez Scott and me planning a sumptuous feast to celebrate only for me to be sent down the road for half a dozen kebabs and chips...
    Funnily enough I had chicken kebab and naan with the Yorkshireman on Friday night.

Leave a comment:

• scottjc
    replied
    The chicken/doner kebabs sold near here are often in naan bread instead of pitta.
    I can imagine a certain bunch of guests arriving Chez Scott and me planning a sumptuous feast to celebrate only for me to be sent down the road for half a dozen kebabs and chips...

Leave a comment:

• scottjc
    replied

Opinions on the TZLE Scott?
    A beautiful piece Henry. A little small for every day wear for me, as I commented to Brad at the time, but the craftsmanship is immediately apparent.
    That Brad had it on a mesh bracelet was very attractive, I know that changing it to a leather strap would completely alter the look and feel but I'm not sure how that would sit with me.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    The Doner kebab, gyro debate rages on. Brad we have Gyros here too, but they are generally nowhere near as good as the Donair, which is what we call that mystery meat thing. Canadian donair are generally made by the Lebanese and can be found at any self respecting Shwarama/ falafel hut. Our version is somewhat simple and direct. Mystery meat, cucumber yoghurt sauce, chopped tomato, chopped raw onion, cayenne pepper. donair.jpg

This one is not quite right. The pita should be split to form a pocket. Everything is put inside and then it is rolled up or folded over.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    PART 3. A not-so-quick pint...

At the Dun Cow, I showed Scott another watch which means a lot to me: my RGM TZLE. He was pleased to examine it and, though it is a little smaller than he prefers, he was amazed by its thinness. Also, he explained it represents 'the next level up' of watch collecting, and was quite an interesting piece as such. Here's the photo he shared earlier:

7.5mm thickness juxtaposed with ~13mm?
    Opinions on the TZLE Scott?

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied

More fool you Brad, there's plenty that can go wrong when I'm navigating...
    Here's my wrong turn story.

Mrs. K and I are in Indianapolis for the 2006 US Grand Prix. We meet some friends from Toronto and another from Washington and spend the race weekend together. For the only time in our life we stay at a bed and breakfast. It is in this historic, pre-Civil War, rich persons neighbourhood. The city itself is the worst place I have ever voluntarily gone. There's this hip area that is "straight down the road" from us. It's not exactly straight though. When you hit Speedway Boulevard, which does take you to the Speedway, you have to jog right at the Kroger's. We go out to Broadripple, the hipster part of town and walk along the waterway. It's dusk and we get the spotlight from police choppers three or four times. We make it to Broadripple and have a pretty wonderful meal at a place and eventually head back home. I am in the jump seat as navigator.

Bob says: "Which way?' as we approach the Kroger's.
    I say: " The map says jog left, but we jogged right on the way down. That can't be right."

Bob turns left like the map says, ignoring my suggestion that right one way should mean right the other too.

If all goes well, we'll be back in the historic North Side right beside President Harrison's House.

Benjamin_Harrison_Home.jpg

One block in, we get this. Keep in mind it is now the middle of the night.

ghetto.jpg

No streetlights, no windows in any house and bullet holes in EVERYTHING.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 06-11-2018, 11:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Well, the two of you certainly had fun and packed a lot into one afternoon. That is wonderful! What a marvellous way to end your trip off Brad.

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Now that IS funny......and when you think about it, so much easier to transport than a Hammond C3.
    Very funny stuff, fellas! Love it.

Leave a comment:

• scottjc
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Now that IS funny......and when you think about it, so much easier to transport than a Hammond C3.
    I think I'd rather have food than a Hammond organ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X