Greetings from Chennai, India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Chennai, India

A quick check-in on my travels...UK last week, heading back there tonight.
    February in sunny, warm India has been a blast...even with long days of business meetings.
    Cheers,
    Brad

PS. While flying via Dubai, I stopped in the a watch shop to see Rados. No Captain Cooks, but plenty of blingy Original Diastars!!

I'll probably be passing through Dubai later in the year on the way to/from Australia so need to make sure I stay away from the watch shops.
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

I like the new business attire Brad. Looks very comfortable.

Comment

Nice business-dress, indeed!
        The blingy DiaStars are iconic in India.
        Enjoy the warm weather, we still have snow here.
        And have a safe journey home!
        Best regards, Mike
        vintage-rado.de

Comment

Is it just me or does it look like the chap in the middle has an extra long right arm?

Comment

From sunny India to the swampy fog of the Peak District:

Climbing Mam Tor on the way to Hope and Castleton.

Apologies to those of you near Derbyshire and Cheshire, that I could not catch up for a Rado Forum get-together, I was on a 10-mile hike with some colleagues and friends yesterday.
            We did eventually have longer views, as the fog lifted and the cloud ceiling rose.
            It was a fantastic experience--my first long walk in Blighty. Hopefully not the last!
            Brad

Comment

The Peak District has some good walking, nearly as good as South Shropshire. Need to get you a little further south on your next visit.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
                The Peak District has some good walking, nearly as good as South Shropshire. Need to get you a little further south on your next visit.
                Tell me where to meet and I'll let you know in advance when I'm free!

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                  Tell me where to meet and I'll let you know in advance when I'm free!
                  It all depends where you'd be coming from but my town is on a main train line from Manchester/Cardiff, for example, so relatively easy to get to.

Comment

Would be nice to see a pic of you both...fingers crossed!
                    Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
                      Would be nice to see a pic of you both...fingers crossed!
                      It won't happen this trip, unfortunately--a couple more days in the office, then a day of sightseeing with a chum in Liverpool before heading back stateside.
                      With luck, good timing, and certain financial conditions met, I will be returning to the UK with daughter and wife in tow to visit some university campuses.
                      Perhaps a Shropshire walk and requisite photos could be arranged!
                      Last edited by Watch Carefully; 02-20-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Keep me posted on your plans and we can try to make it happen.

Comment

Made it back home today. FINALLY...I get to wear a different watch!

Last stop of the 18-day Odyssey was the home of the Fab Four. One of many Beatles-related photos I made yesterday:

CBJ_Penny_Lane_1029.jpg

Thanks for minding the store while I was gone! A couple things arrived in the mail since I left. I should have at least one to share on this forum...

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                            Made it back home today. FINALLY...I get to wear a different watch!

Thanks for minding the store while I was gone! A couple things arrived in the mail since I left. I should have at least one to share on this forum...
                            Welcome home Brad, looking forward to seeing what's in the mail, also I'd be interested to know what's the first pick for a watch change after 18 days?

Comment

Welcome back Brad, it has to be the Manhattan to get you back into the groove.

Comment

Working...
                              X