Non Rado, Citizen Adorex 8000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Rado, Citizen Adorex 8000

Did anybody see it, it sold for $800.00.
    In this movement you can regulate the timing by the crown.
    Beautiful watch from 1974.
    Tim I recall your thread with the caliber 8050.

Here is a blog on it, very interesting.

https://sweep-hand.org/2013/04/29/th...e-adorex-8000/

Here is another one.

Comment

Fascinating. I can imagine that regulating the watch via the crown could be addicting, or dangerous.
      Has anyone tried it?
      I recall some sort of Bulova from the past decade which allowed adjustment of regulation...I cannot recall how it was effected.

Comment

My first Citizen is on its way, I have been after one of these with the 8000 movement for quite some time.
        Something different, made in December 1976.

Comment

Originally posted by JOSE G View Post
          My first Citizen is on its way, I have been after one of these with the 8000 movement for quite some time.
          Something different, made in December 1976.

[/img]
          Congratulations Jose, I'm glad you finally got one, it looks to be a fine example. I do believe these movements represent the zenith of Citizen's mechanical watchmaking. My 8050 remains one of my most accurate watches, it doesn't have the external regulating feature but so far luckily I haven't needed it. Looking forward to some more photos and opinions once it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Congratulations Jose, I'm glad you finally got one, it looks to be a fine example. I do believe these movements represent the zenith of Citizen's mechanical watchmaking. My 8050 remains one of my most accurate watches, it doesn't have the external regulating feature but so far luckily I haven't needed it. Looking forward to some more photos and opinions once it arrives.
            Thanks Tim.

Comment

Working...
            X