RADO ETA 2824 Spreadsheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADO ETA 2824 Spreadsheet

Here's all the information supplied so far, if you can fill in what's missing or you have more 2824's please post.

Rado cal 2824 numbers.jpg
    Last edited by Tim.; 11-28-2017, 06:09 AM.

Now we have string to connect the models and RefNumbers to the release dates via the movement date code....fantastic work, Tim.
    I knew we would do it some day. Thatīs why i still filled the related movement base number thread over the time.
    Will check my collection for missing reference and case numbers.
    Thatīs a EOT Rado research forum milestone!!!
    Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
      Now we have string to connect the models and RefNumbers to the release dates via the movement date code....fantastic work, Tim.
      I knew we would do it some day. Thatīs why i still filled the related movement base number thread over the time.
      Cheers Marcus, I'm happy to do it if the members will post the data, obviously the more complete the data set is, the more valuable the information. Hey Marcus, while I've got your attention, could you post your missing case numbers on the DS1 1/E spreadsheet also, the date coded AS movements and the case numbers have made it possible to give an approximate date for the undated AS DS1's, a real breakthrough!
      Last edited by Tim.; 05-23-2017, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
        I agree Marcus, a huge step forward for this fantastic forum.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed valuable data and to Tim for collating it all.
        http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

I spent the last few hours pulling the backs off of a large number of the Rados I have in my possession to document the numbers. I have around a dozen more to go, then I will compile the information into a chart. That being said, I thought I would share what I consider to be the most noteworthy, an acquisition from YJ:

Rado Silver Stag - Reference # 625.3117.4 - Serial/ case # 42432897 - ETA Movement # 2789 - Rado Movement # 2798 - Three digit code 403

What I think is neat about this is that this watch is the only vintage Rado I own with the warranty card. The reference numbers match, and it was sold on September 20th, 1974.

Note that the sale date is 6 months after the date that we are decoding the 3 digit code to be the build date

Silver Stag.jpg
          Last edited by WristRot; 05-24-2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Hey Tim., is there a spreadsheet for AS date codes as well?
            I realize I have a few, including some chronometers, which are numbered, as you know.
            I wonder if we would learn anything from gathering a roughly sequential list of date-coded AS movements, and looking at the chronometer numbers used across various years/months.

I'll post mine as CSV:

model,date code,caliber,mvt number
            DS1 chronometer,910,AS1858,1456
            56-HB,906,AS1858,1133
            Jetliner 333,004,AS1858,n/a

I find it interesting that I have 19969 and 1970 AS1858 movements with codes but also 2-4 other AS1858s from the same period without codes. And also I have an ETA chronometer with a 008 code (we've discussed the early ETAs used while AS was still prevalent).

Can anyone add date-coded AS movements to this list?
            Last edited by Watch Carefully; 09-14-2020, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
              Hey Tim., is there a spreadsheet for AS date codes as well?
              I realize I have a few, including some chronometers, which are numbered, as you know.
              I wonder if we would learn anything from gathering a roughly sequential list of date-coded AS movements, and looking at the chronometer numbers used across various years/months.

I'll post mine as CSV:

model,date code,caliber,mvt number
              DS1 chronometer,910,AS1858,1456
              56-HB,906,AS1858,1133
              Jetliner 333,004,AS1858,n/a

I find it interesting that I have 19969 and 1970 AS1858 movements with codes but also 2-4 other AS1858s from the same period without codes. And also I have an ETA chronometer with a 008 code (we've discussed the early ETAs used while AS was still prevalent).

Can anyone add date-coded AS movements to this list?
              There are a few date coded DS1's with AS movements in the DS0/1/1E spreadsheet. I have 3 dated AS and I know there's quite a few more if we dig through the threads. I imagine those AS without date from that period, will have been assembled prior to the change to ETA, perhaps early to mid '68 before they decided to use the codes. I think perhaps the only way to compile a definitive list is to start a thread for the purpose, I started a thread when I discovered that I owned some, you and Marcus added to that at the time but, to do it properly I think we need case numbers to ensure we're not adding the same movements twice, failing that we could just add the owners name as I did with the DS0/1/1E spreadsheet, we should also include the 1859's in the same list.
              Last edited by Tim.; 09-15-2020, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Too bad there isn't a decent way to embed a user-editable SS in a post, and allow us to enter our own data. I agree that case numbers/names will be useful. Some of mine are uncased (or re-cased) so keeping them straight is a matter of either noting the movement number, or assigning some other identifier

Agree, including 1859s (any date-coded AS movement) is appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                  Too bad there isn't a decent way to embed a user-editable SS in a post, and allow us to enter our own data. I agree that case numbers/names will be useful. Some of mine are uncased (or re-cased) so keeping them straight is a matter of either noting the movement number, or assigning some other identifier

Agree, including 1859s (any date-coded AS movement) is appropriate.
                  One of our members, Dave I think, who's in the Philippines or Singapore said he could organise a user editable SS for us but, that was a couple of years ago and nothing ever came of it. Otherwise we're down to continually editing and uploading revised spreadsheets as the data arrives, and the platform doesn't support the file size so it has be done via a screenshot.

Edit: I had a bit of a look and there's talk of being able to embed Google sheets but I can't for the life of me work out how to do it, (perhaps one of the genii who rescue us could pursue this line of inquiry). We can post a link to a Google drive page with the sheet on it that everyone can access but that doesn't put it here where we want it. Another option would be to post a table using the forum's software but then whoever starts the thread has to add the data as it comes in or, is it possible to give all members edit privileges over a single post? There would of course have to be a few perhaps quarterly tidy up edits to get them in order of date etc. until the list is virtually complete, and after that only if new data is added. Could it be a user accessible thread within the resource thread?

Sample
                  Member Model Date code AS Cal# Chrono # Comments
                  Brad 56-HB 906 AS1858 1133 Uncased 56-HB chronometer movement
                  Henry
                  Kevin
                  Marcus
                  Scott
                  Tim
                  Last edited by Tim.; 09-17-2020, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X