new rado ceramica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I don't blame you. I have casually looked for one, or the Diastar that preceded it, more than a few times. It was an original that was much copied by all sorts of other manufacturers. It defined a whole segment of the dress market through the 80s and 90s. It is iconic. This... if someone over at WUS emailed me to ask if their Rado was fake, I would have said "Yes, but at least it's a good one."
    It seems that a "new" watch concept (Anatom) will appear on the market and then there is a race to "improve" on the concept, or even the specific model. Sometimes, the original is the standard and later iterations/models, are way over the top. I think the size of men's watches is an example. If 36mm is too small, then maybe 38mm is better, But wait, let's try 44mm, moving ever larger to the point some sizes are absurd to me. It is all about marketing...

Manual wind watches are also a good example. It is hard to improve on some of the earlier movements (such as Peseaux) and they still hold a honored place as the standard as evidenced by quality manual wind watches being marketed today.

Comment

Yes Henry I had one of the AnaDigital Ceramicas for a while (got some chemical on the shiny black ceramic and could not get it off, Rado gladly took the watch back and sold me another Integral) and I loved it, sleek cool and so light weight you frequently forget there is a watch on your wrist; I will have another one, one day.
      The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits - Albert Einstein

View my collection photostream at FLICKER

Comment

Originally posted by SUCRAM1161 View Post
        Yes Henry I had one of the AnaDigital Ceramicas for a while (got some chemical on the shiny black ceramic and could not get it off, Rado gladly took the watch back and sold me another Integral) and I loved it, sleek cool and so light weight you frequently forget there is a watch on your wrist; I will have another one, one day.
        We'll be going out to celebrate with some friends tomorrow and I am pretty sure the Ceramica will be my choice. It is so eady to forget that you are wearing it.

Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Hi guys can anyone tell me about the year etc of my Rado true 4 diamond automatic watch I recently purchased, got it for a great price at a second hand shop as no box or anything, it's type 763.0056.3
          Google Drive is a free way to keep your files backed up and easy to reach from any phone, tablet, or computer. Start with 15GB of Google storage – free.

Comment

Working...
          X