• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mittwoch Wristcheck!

What's on your wrist this mid-week?
    I'm breaking in new straps on a recent acquisition:

Me? I succumbed to the Bauhaus banter.

aP1010186 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Is the oddness of the Deck Watch growing on you Brad?
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
      Is the oddness of the Deck Watch growing on you Brad?
      Now that I have it on straps I like (and that fit), it's easy to get used to it because it is so familiar. The combination of my being aware of it when it was being designed, the number of them EOT folk have owned & posted, and my ownership of a 1940s Hamilton Model 22, make this seem familiar as an old friend.

The size of the straps was so unusual to me in 2004 or so, but does not seem outrageous to me today. And for a watch with so many unusual features, it really doesn't demand more attention than any other watch I own. I bet it slips under the radar better than nearly any oval Diastar, yet it is a very limited production and strangely proportioned watch (versus a common shape made for >50 years in the millions with many, many variants).
      Last edited by Watch Carefully; 06-15-2016, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I think it is the fact that there are so many really odd elements that makes it work. There are at least three or four things on that watch that are deal killers for me and yet I love it. They balance each other out.
        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Nice watches guys but no Rado on a Rado forum? Shame on you...

WP_20160320_12_54_36_Pro (4).jpg
          http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

This beauty without bracelet arrived today, it was a typical project watch.
            After 4 hours it was back to old grace with the original 7row, new crystal and a clean case:

Thats how it looked after the arrival:

Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
              This beauty without bracelet arrived today, it was a typical project watch.
              After 4 hours it was back to old grace with the original 7row, new crystal and a clean case:

Thats how it looked after the arrival:

Wow,good work Marcus!Looking great.

Comment

Originally posted by kkaapo View Post
                Wow,good work Marcus!Looking great.
                Good work Marcus. There aren't many of the NOS Manhattan crystals around that I know of.

Comment

Had some for some years in my back stock... Tjat was the last one!

Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
                    Had some for some years in my back stock... Tjat was the last one!

I bought the only one I've ever found for sale...back in 2002 or 2003. And I have stored it just in case my Manhattan needs it someday.
                    Luckily, they are fairly thick, durable items and can be polished in many instances, rather than replaced.

Comment

My nos purple Murano.image.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
                        My nos purple Murano.[ATTACH=CONFIG]21059[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21060[/ATTACH]
                        WOW!! I do not seem to recall you have this.
                        That could be the last one sold as new.
                        Fabulous!

Comment

Came in original boxes with hang tag, and all the paperwork. Was stored in a safe and never worn. Original price on the box says $240.image.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
                            Came in original boxes with hang tag, and all the paperwork. Was stored in a safe and never worn. Original price on the box says $240.
                            That's incredible. Is it Ref. 11974?
                            They are amazing aren't they? Sometimes I wonder why I sold mine:

Comment

It was in a estate from a closed jewelry store. Was never sold. Didn't want to remove the gel and sticker on the back. There are two numbers on the back. 62530484 and right below that number is 2280256. Warranty card has numbers too. Changes from dark blue to purple in bright light. I've only worn it twice.image.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X