Certina DiaMaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certina DiaMaster

Picked this up recently just out of curiosity, fine working order and a beautiful dial. Unfortunately the case has a small chip and hairline crack near the crown. The movement is 25j ETA 2789. Everything else, case design, hands, markers and facetted crystal reflects its DiaStar origins. Quite taken by this, anyone have a gold tone case available for purchase?

See my collection slideshow at
    http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Nice. I'd love to have one of the Certina Diastars...especially if I could find one with a Certina movement (I love those). Do you have a shot of the caseback?

Comment

Here it is, marked Certina on the inside of the case back but the visible side is plain with only the Rado style model number 625.1213.32

Comment

Hi John!

Congrats, a nice piece! Itīs a DiaStar, just labeled with Certina. Find more info here.
        From time to time you find DiaStar cases or the TC-bezels at yahoo.jp..
        Best regards, Mike
        vintage-rado.de

Comment

Check this out

another impressive example of Rado/Certina collaboration, a Diamaster Certronic. Unfortunately that is not my wrist in the photograph!

Comment

Amazing John......... So how soon until we see a wrist shot of yours????
            The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits - Albert Einstein

View my collection photostream at FLICKER

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Finally...

...i was able to get my hands on one of these rare Certina Diamaster C-Tronic models.
                it arrived 2 weeks ago with exactly the same dial like the piece above but with a different TC case, its the same as from my silver Diamaster Quartz i owned 2 years ago.

i had to replace the tuning fork module and the peaked link style NSA needed some TLC, but finally the whole watch is back in great shape:

at the same time i bought it, a swiss seller from grenchen/swiss offered some great NOS dials for the ESA 9164 and the Automatic model, so i bought one more because of the incredible deep blue colour:

both variations are great, the blue gloss effect is simply stunning, the pics canīt describe it!
                this piece is the holy grail for me, it took 3 years to find one!
                henry, you asked me "whats next"? i dunno...... weīll see!

greetings,
                Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Those pieces are incredible! Congratulations are in order.
                  Glad to see them...and you here at EOT again.

Comment

Hey Marcus,

I don't think you've showed me the other dial. In a general sense I think I prefer the first one, at least in the photographs, but that blue ring does look incredible. Either way that is a great looking watch.

I look forward to your next grail watch.
                    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Pretty little ladies' Certina DiaMaster spotted on the web:

s-l1600.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X