Waltham Field & Marine in the house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waltham Field & Marine in the house!

Received this one yesterday evening. It's a beauty of a watch - a little small for me, but not too small at 41mm w/o crown. It has a Sellita SW200-1 movement and a cool bayonet crown. WR to 300m. It's a limited edition of 100 pieces in this color combo. I wish I had gotten the dual time version as it's a bit larger, but I still like this. Came on a nice leather strap with a signed buckle. Obviously, it's a remake of the original Field & Marine watch from Waltham. I think they did a good job of modernizing it.

Looks way larger than 41mm The dial really makes it look like a much larger watch, very legible though and a nod to the past of dive watches. Good catch!

Comment

Thanks, Kevin. With the crown, it's like 45mm, so the crown guard and case make it look larger. Here are pics of the crown mechanism and the original watch it's a remake of.

Comment

Nice homage, I didn't know Waltham was still around. I have an old mechanical dress style from my Dad that has been in the 'junk' box for a long time.

Comment

Thanks, Jonathan. Technically, it's not still around. They were bought out by a Swiss conglomerate back in the '80s. Then, some Chinese companies used the name to make some junk watches sold on ebay for years.

This watch is a collaboration between Watch Angels, a Swiss Crowdmanufacturing company, and Waltham. The hope is to bring back Waltham Watch Company and restore it to its former glory. So, this is a "real" Waltham, but made by Watch Angels.

Comment

So, this is a "real" Waltham, but made by Watch Angels.

Close enough! Thanks for the info, Mike.

Comment

Ooh...I like that! Nice one, Mike! Congrats!
              JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Working...
              X