Hello boys....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello boys....

Been a while. Looks as if it's awfully sleepy here.

I spent a month this past summer working as a divemaster at the Boy Scouts camp in Marathon in the Keys. I use "working" losely. They gave me room and board and a whopping $275/week. But I got to do 40 dives while supervising groups of 8 divers. Good times.

Wore my gray turtle all summer. Hadn't bought anything in a while but just picked up this Orient Star Field Watch for a song. Pretty much new and I promptly took it off the unworn leather and put it on a Bond NATO.

Still no idea how to insert a photo.....

Chris

https://d6d2h4gfvy8t8.cloudfront.net/18662560-orig.jpg
    Last edited by Chris; 10-23-2021, 11:30 AM.

There's something called the Boy Scouts that still exists?

So were you actually on Marathon or down more towards Bahia Honda?
    Last edited by TKTM; 10-23-2021, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Actually, the facility I was at is on lower Matacumbe in Islamorada. There is a facility on Marathon but that’s not the one I was at.

Originally posted by TKTM View Post
      There's something called the Boy Scouts that still exists?

So were you actually on Marathon or down more towards Bahia Honda?

Comment

Hi Chris - great to hear from you. Nice pickup, Congrats! Cool looking Orient and one I had not seen before, but I like it. Sounds like a sweet gig to me and a fun one too.

Regarding the forum, yeah, quite sleepy indeed. We lost a lot of our regular posters that don't feel like dealing with the annoying aspects of the forum like the pic posting issues. I don't have issues posting pics because I use a photo hosting site - Imageshack. If you use a hosting site, you just need to post the URL with some other IMG text and it will show the pic. If you use this text and replace the URL in between the img ends and remove the space between the URL and the image tag, it will show your pic in the post.

[img] Insert URL to image here [/img]

Comment

Good to know. Thanks.

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          If you use this text and replace the URL in between the img ends and remove the space between the URL and the image tag, it will show your pic in the post.

[img] Insert URL to image here [/img]

Comment

Direct photo linking is working for me

Comment

My current diver

Comment

Here's a SEIKO for those who want nothing less...

Comment

The Swatch is cool and love the Seiko White Knight!

Comment

Exactly! A 'White Knight' Ref. SKXA47. Easy to wear, reliable.

Comment

Good to see you, Chris. I've been away from the forum. Seems like it's back to life again, somewhat.

I like all the Orient stuff. Great value. That field looks super comfortable.
                      JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Working...
                      X