Reissue Certina PH500m - Equation of Time

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reissue Certina PH500m

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reissue Certina PH500m

    Still can't post pics so just click on the links.

    https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/aq...s-super-ph500m

    https://www.certina.com/en/watch/ds-...c0374071728010

    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 02-19-2021, 05:11 PM.

  • #2
    Very nice, Chris. I love orange.

    Kurt
    "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

    Comment


    • #3
      I see a pic in your post. Love the DS!

      Comment


      • #4
        Love it! I have an original in black. I had the DS3 1000m in black and yellow.... and yeah, I like Certina's. They're all tall, but tall watches fit me well. I like what they've done with reissue of 200m. Good find, Chris!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chris View Post
          Now THATS something cool you wont find in the USA.

          Comment


          • #6
            Very nice.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for adding the pic Brad.

              $995 Retail. Available online for $919 including free US shipping.

              https://www.helen-kirchhofer.com/pro...-407-17-280-10
              Last edited by Chris; 02-20-2021, 05:33 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I like that. Way deeper than I will ever need, but not priced like it.
                Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Okay, so it has an 80 hr power reserve. How did they manage this in a modified 2824?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    Okay, so it has an 80 hr power reserve. How did they manage this in a modified 2824?
                    Tissot did it. Swatch made them use their own money to develop it but due to it's success they are sharing it across many of their brands now. There is even a 56 hour 2892 based version now. One of the things they did to increase power reserve is to drop the beat rate. It's not the only thing, but it is definitely jerkier than the traditional 2824. My Captain Cook has some variant of this movement in it and I do not have any complaints several years in. They are admirably accurate coming from the factory, but I think adjustment down the road is not an easy thing.
                    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

                      Tissot did it. Swatch made them use their own money to develop it but due to it's success they are sharing it across many of their brands now. There is even a 56 hour 2892 based version now. One of the things they did to increase power reserve is to drop the beat rate. It's not the only thing, but it is definitely jerkier than the traditional 2824. My Captain Cook has some variant of this movement in it and I do not have any complaints several years in. They are admirably accurate coming from the factory, but I think adjustment down the road is not an easy thing.
                      Yes, no regulator, I wonder how that's gonna work out.......

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I need one, love the dial! Missed one a few months back that I saw for sale on Watchrecon, was under 500 if I remember correctly. Was already sold by the time I saw it.

                        Regards,

                        Ren

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I've liked the Certina re-issues, this one included. Wish they gave more details on it though, like the crown, spring bars or screwed pins, hrv, etc. Wish it had a bracelet. It's always nice to have a factory bracelet to wear on, and swap to a waterborne or similar strap when you want to.
                          TKite,
                          Hydronaut

                          I need a new watch

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Tim. View Post

                            Yes, no regulator, I wonder how that's gonna work out.......
                            No regulator, Hmm; I think that classifies it as a disposable watch.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TKTM View Post

                              No regulator, Hmm; I think that classifies it as a disposable watch.
                              I'm sure there's a service plan, what will it cost though?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X