Reissue Certina PH500m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reissue Certina PH500m

Still can't post pics so just click on the links.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/aq...s-super-ph500m

https://www.certina.com/en/watch/ds-...c0374071728010

Last edited by Watch Carefully; 02-19-2021, 05:11 PM.

Very nice, Chris. I love orange.

Kurt
    "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

I see a pic in your post. Love the DS!

Comment

Love it! I have an original in black. I had the DS3 1000m in black and yellow.... and yeah, I like Certina's. They're all tall, but tall watches fit me well. I like what they've done with reissue of 200m. Good find, Chris!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          Now THATS something cool you wont find in the USA.

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Thanks for adding the pic Brad.

$995 Retail. Available online for $919 including free US shipping.

https://www.helen-kirchhofer.com/pro...-407-17-280-10
              Last edited by Chris; 02-20-2021, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I like that. Way deeper than I will ever need, but not priced like it.
                Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Okay, so it has an 80 hr power reserve. How did they manage this in a modified 2824?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    Okay, so it has an 80 hr power reserve. How did they manage this in a modified 2824?
                    Tissot did it. Swatch made them use their own money to develop it but due to it's success they are sharing it across many of their brands now. There is even a 56 hour 2892 based version now. One of the things they did to increase power reserve is to drop the beat rate. It's not the only thing, but it is definitely jerkier than the traditional 2824. My Captain Cook has some variant of this movement in it and I do not have any complaints several years in. They are admirably accurate coming from the factory, but I think adjustment down the road is not an easy thing.
                    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

Tissot did it. Swatch made them use their own money to develop it but due to it's success they are sharing it across many of their brands now. There is even a 56 hour 2892 based version now. One of the things they did to increase power reserve is to drop the beat rate. It's not the only thing, but it is definitely jerkier than the traditional 2824. My Captain Cook has some variant of this movement in it and I do not have any complaints several years in. They are admirably accurate coming from the factory, but I think adjustment down the road is not an easy thing.
                      Yes, no regulator, I wonder how that's gonna work out.......

Comment

I need one, love the dial! Missed one a few months back that I saw for sale on Watchrecon, was under 500 if I remember correctly. Was already sold by the time I saw it.

Regards,

Ren

Comment

I've liked the Certina re-issues, this one included. Wish they gave more details on it though, like the crown, spring bars or screwed pins, hrv, etc. Wish it had a bracelet. It's always nice to have a factory bracelet to wear on, and swap to a waterborne or similar strap when you want to.
                          TKite,
                          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Yes, no regulator, I wonder how that's gonna work out.......
                            No regulator, Hmm; I think that classifies it as a disposable watch.

Comment

Originally posted by TKTM View Post

No regulator, Hmm; I think that classifies it as a disposable watch.
                              I'm sure there's a service plan, what will it cost though?

Comment

Working...
                              X