This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure what has happened...

We seem to have lost a month of content, and some features are not working properly.
    Please show patience--our support ticket is still open and ongoing.
    Be mindful of spammers and phishing, or any way that hackers can gain access.
    Also, remember you can set the Filter to All Time to see older posts.
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 03-17-2021, 10:58 AM.

See below, Brad.
    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

I can DELETE posts, but I have no BAN powers. Being a Mod without powers to ban someone is worthless because you just have to keep deleting crap that SPAMMERS post. Just my two cents. Personally, I think we should do away with the Mod position, and give all long time trusted members Admin power, and then we will all be able to stomp out fires if they begin. Every one of those here who are long time trusted members are all old, there are no young mavericks looking 'power', just the tools to kill off any 'infection' that tries to rear its ugly head on the forum.
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

What is the trick to uploading a pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin M View Post
          What is the trick to uploading a pic?
          Select the Pic icon from the tool bar
          Enter the URL of the Pic's location into the URL dialog bar on the Image Properties / Image Info Tab.
          UN-select "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"
          Click OK

Comment

Originally posted by TKTM View Post

Select the Pic icon from the tool bar
            Enter the URL of the Pic's location into the URL dialog bar on the Image Properties / Image Info Tab.
            UN-select "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"
            Click OK
            So I have to host like in photobucket days?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin M View Post

So I have to host like in photobucket days?
              LOL.....
              TKite,
              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

So, obviously, RGM owns this forum - is there any update on fixing it, or do they no longer want to have a forum? Should someone who cares more take over managing it? I'd hate to see it die the slow death it's dying after all these years. Just askin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  So, obviously, RGM owns this forum - is there any update on fixing it, or do they no longer want to have a forum? Should someone who cares more take over managing it? I'd hate to see it die the slow death it's dying after all these years. Just askin.
                  Hi Mike,
                  I spoke to Roland a week or so ago and we discussed the options. In my view, we need someone who can fully support the platform and users--not just a bunch of moderators with limited expertise in administrating a website (describing myself). Roland agrees, and is interested in hearing from anyone who would be willing to take on the role--or can suggest candidates. Also, he is willing to consider merging content with another site, if an opportunity presents itself.
                  I'll check back in with him, and share what news is available.
                  Brad

Comment

Brad, thanks. Hope someone wants to do it.

Comment

Thanks, Brad. I wish I had the technical knowledge to do it, but I've never even been a moderator on a forum, much less fully supporting one. I too hope someone with the experience steps up. I appreciate Roland keeping it alive and wish we could get it to flourish like it was starting to prior to the hacks.
                      Last edited by Mike D; 06-03-2021, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X