X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Issues Log

Friends,
    Below is a basic list of what is not working on the forum, or what we feel it lacks.
    Please add any new ones, and I'll update the list. Jaimie and I can refer to this when working with hosting/support.
    P lease DO NOT use this as a discussion thread--only add something if it isn't part of the list already.
    1. Photo uploads are not working; old posts using uploaded photos need reconciliation
    2. Stickies seem to expire after 1 month
    3. All Time filter is not set as default for forum display
    4. ADMIN logons are disabled
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 01-29-2021, 03:46 PM.

Reconnect the photo directory so that all those photos on the older posts are visible again. It may be part of the same problem but, I note that the Archive is also inaccessible.
    Last edited by Tim.; 01-27-2021, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Tried to LogIn to the Moderator control panel - password doesn't work. Changing the password to a new one didn't work either, FYI.
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Likewise, I can't log into the Mod control panel. If what Brad says about the Admin panel's being disabled, who's doing the moderation/admin? As it is, this forum is back in a mode that was obsolete in 2005. If someone can reach Pall, now's the time.
        Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

It was recommended that I change my password but I was unable to do so.

847081D7-A127-4443-BDC5-4E268B094AA7 by Paul Stefansson, on Flickr

I looked everywhere and I could not see where I was supposed to accept the user privacy and data policies.

EDIT [watchcarefully]: Thanks, Pall, I have seen that also and forgot to include it in the notes above. I'll be sure it is raised.
          Last edited by Watch Carefully; 02-02-2021, 10:55 AM.
          If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
          - Mario Andretti

Comment

I think the primary issue is that something has to be done SOON !
            I dont know who is to blame, that nothing is happening, but this way I think I will drop out for a while, like many others have already done.

Comment

Gents,
              I'm still working with Jaimie to sort things out. Please keep in mind that no one is getting paid to mind the store, and our other commitments often have higher priority.
              Patience is welcomed.

As I don't know when we'll have the photo uploading feature fixed, please be aware it is not difficult to post photos, if you have a URL.
              A quick tutorial...
              1. Right-click on a photo from the web you want to share and choose Copy image address (URL)
              2. In the EOT forum, type [img] then paste the URL and type [/img] (leave no blanks spaces in that string of text)
              3. Your photo will be displayed when you complete the post.

Comment

Brad, how does this photo work-around help the fact that neither the moderator nor the administrator panels work? If it sounds like I'm angry, I am. We are losing, if not long time posters (which we are), folks that drop in to see if they like it and find themselves in the forum equivalent of 2005. That's not a recipe for growth.

LoEG is a place unique in the watch world, where folks can hang and nobody's under pressure to conform as long as they don't infringe on others. It nearly died once from neglect, now that it's thriving again, it's threatened by software problems. We have a good and unique place here, one worth saving.

I'm not going to say more.

George
                Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

I would like to second every word, George.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                    Gents,
                    I'm still working with Jaimie to sort things out. Please keep in mind that no one is getting paid to mind the store, and our other commitments often have higher priority.
                    Patience is welcomed.

As I don't know when we'll have the photo uploading feature fixed, please be aware it is not difficult to post photos, if you have a URL.
                    A quick tutorial...
                    1. Right-click on a photo from the web you want to share and choose Copy image address (URL)
                    2. In the EOT forum, type [img] then paste the URL and type [/img] (leave no blanks spaces in that string of text)
                    3. Your photo will be displayed when you complete the post.
                    Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
                    Brad, how does this photo work-around help the fact that neither the moderator nor the administrator panels work? If it sounds like I'm angry, I am. We are losing, if not long time posters (which we are), folks that drop in to see if they like it and find themselves in the forum equivalent of 2005. That's not a recipe for growth.

LoEG is a place unique in the watch world, where folks can hang and nobody's under pressure to conform as long as they don't infringe on others. It nearly died once from neglect, now that it's thriving again, it's threatened by software problems. We have a good and unique place here, one worth saving.

I'm not going to say more.

George
                    Originally posted by kurt48 View Post
                    I think we're all awfully lucky that Roland continues to host this site. I can't
                    see what's in it for him.
                    I can only say that I think all of the above is probably true. If there are among us any IT professionals , now is the time to step up, contact Brad or George & offer up some help to resolve the problems that beset us.
                    Last edited by Tim.; 02-12-2021, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I would say: fetch some good professionals. If required I am willing to give a donation to fund this and I am sure others will do the same. But something has to happen soon.
                      Stay safe everybody Peter

Comment

I sincerely hope this does not go on for ever. Please contact RGM and DO SOMETHING !

Comment

Hi all,
                          I've contacted Roland and Jaimie to get some movement on this.
                          Hoping to have good news soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                            Hi all,
                            I've contacted Roland and Jaimie to get some movement on this.
                            Hoping to have good news soon.
                            Thanks Brad.

Comment

Thank you Brad !

Comment

Working...
                              X