X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Wittnauer arrived...

...this is pretty special.

Like new, box and papers...

You may notice the name on the dial, though it may not be of someone who is familiar to you. What is engraved on the back may ring a bell:

Oh, and it is crazy thin!

This is one of a small series of Wittnauers that Ford presented to members of significant race teams after a very successful year. Mr Hylton was a NASCAR crew chief that year, but went on to become a driver, taking Rookie of the Year honors while also finishing second for the championship just a handful of years after this watch was produced. Among other notable recipients of such a watch were auto racing luminaries such as Graham Hill.
    For sale, price upon request. Full images and details here.
    Brad
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 01-20-2021, 01:11 PM.

Very cool, Brad. Congrats! Man, that is thin.

Comment

That thing is awesome! Congrats!
      JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Nice watch as a dresser, but personally I would feel strange wearing a watch meant for someone else, not being family of mine... Having it in a collection, not wearing it, could be an option, indeed.

Comment

Just opened it up for examination and photos...I'd say it has not been touched since leaving the factory:

Time capsule:

Comment

Hylton raced into his 70's. Ford had a lot of great drivers in the 60's.

I had the predecessor to the '64 Galaxie pictured, a marvelous '63 convertible.

Comment

Beautiful watch, has 2 barells, wonderful condition. Congratulations.

Comment

Thanks, chaps. I'm pleased with it though, to be honest, I bought it for the challenge of researching, photographing and selling it.
                I'll be happy when it is in the hands of a collector who will preserve it and cherish its history and affiliation with great cars and racers of a bygone age.

Comment

It is now listed on eBay.
                  Special pricing for EOT members who contact me directly.
                  https://www.ebay.com/itm/324460123659

Comment

Nice watch, Brad. Actually, I'm contacting you directly to find out when I'll be able to post an attached picture.

Inquiring minds, etc.
                    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Apologies, George et al,
                      I've had no free time this week to set up a chat with Jaimie and pursue the issue.

FWIW, I am having luck using this method of posting images hosted elsewhere:

[img]paste the URL here[/img]

Comment

Super cool!!

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                          Apologies, George et al,
                          I've had no free time this week to set up a chat with Jaimie and pursue the issue.

FWIW, I am having luck using this method of posting images hosted elsewhere:

[img]paste the URL here[/img]
                          And if you're on Flikr, just copy the BB code and paste it straight on the page.

Comment

Working...
                          X