Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TKite
    replied
    Great looking watch, and hooded lugs are the ONLY way to go in my opinion for a mesh style bracelet.

Leave a comment:

• mosswood
    replied
    Looks great, nice thick mesh bracelet and enough contrast from color and dial design with the SHOM to make it really nice.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied
    Thanks, guys!

Leave a comment:

• kurt48
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    So, I got the Spinnaker Dumas for Christmas. I really like the watch and it looks great. I only had one issue with it, which was the bracelet keeper. If you get a version with the mesh bracelet, it comes with a metal keeper. It's a nicely designed mesh bracelet that is supposed to operate like a regular strap. The only problem is the keeper doesn't stay put. So, it moves and the bracelet end flops around. That drove me nuts, so I used a piece of velcro with a sticky backing. I used the loop side of the velcro, not the hook side. I cut a tiny sliver of it to stick it to the inside of the keeper. That keeps it from moving and solved the problem. Now, I am happier.

Spinnaker makes some cool pieces - the watches are usually named for pioneers in diving (which I find cool) and they are well made. I've owned this one, also, the Bradner with the rice bead bracelet and internal bezel. That one has an issue with a non-screw down crown for the internal bezel. The problem is the crown is not tight and sometimes the bezel gets misaligned through contact with sleeves or anything. I still love the watch, but it's annoying. A screw down crown would totally solve the problem.

This watch, the Dumas, which is inspired by the Omega SHOM, really is nice. Now that I've remedied the bracelet keeper issue, I like it a lot more. It's a lot of watch for the discounted sale price of $300 shipped. It has a sapphire crystal and a mineral crystal covered, lumed bezel.

So far, it's a keeper!

Looks great on that bracelet!

Leave a comment:

• Markkershaw
    replied
    Very cool watch

Leave a comment:

• 2500M_Sub
    replied
    Looks pretty dang sweet to me . I have to say that Spinnaker make some pretty cool watches, I have the Croft and am very happy with it. Wear it in good health.

Regards,

Ren

Leave a comment:

• JP(Canada)
    replied
    There's a lot to like there, Mike. Nice write up. Sounds and looks like a great diver! Congrats and wear it well.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    started a topic Spinnaker Dumas thoughts

Spinnaker Dumas thoughts

So, I got the Spinnaker Dumas for Christmas. I really like the watch and it looks great. I only had one issue with it, which was the bracelet keeper. If you get a version with the mesh bracelet, it comes with a metal keeper. It's a nicely designed mesh bracelet that is supposed to operate like a regular strap. The only problem is the keeper doesn't stay put. So, it moves and the bracelet end flops around. That drove me nuts, so I used a piece of velcro with a sticky backing. I used the loop side of the velcro, not the hook side. I cut a tiny sliver of it to stick it to the inside of the keeper. That keeps it from moving and solved the problem. Now, I am happier.

Spinnaker makes some cool pieces - the watches are usually named for pioneers in diving (which I find cool) and they are well made. I've owned this one, also, the Bradner with the rice bead bracelet and internal bezel. That one has an issue with a non-screw down crown for the internal bezel. The problem is the crown is not tight and sometimes the bezel gets misaligned through contact with sleeves or anything. I still love the watch, but it's annoying. A screw down crown would totally solve the problem.

This watch, the Dumas, which is inspired by the Omega SHOM, really is nice. Now that I've remedied the bracelet keeper issue, I like it a lot more. It's a lot of watch for the discounted sale price of $300 shipped. It has a sapphire crystal and a mineral crystal covered, lumed bezel.

So far, it's a keeper!

Working...
X