• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking about red watches...

Comment

That's a red one I love!

Comment

Another Jomas give-away. Black granular dial with a curved and domed
        sapphire crystal. Crocodile strap with great buckle. Just love it.

"So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Wow, that looks beautiful, Kurt. I've never seen one of those, but it's very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Wow, that looks beautiful, Kurt. I've never seen one of those, but it's very nice.
            Thanks Mike. I hadn't seen one either until over the past weekend. They were a Ltd. series
            that's now discontinued.

Kurt

Comment

Going back a few days but on January 11th I toasted my dad on what would have been his 101st birthday. (he wasn't young when I was born ) Dad grew up fairly close to the Bushmills distillery in Northern Ireland. The whiskey was a gift from a very good friend.

Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Keith, that has got to be some great whiskey - I've only had Bushmills Red Bush and it's very smooth, but a 21 year old must be amazing. Great to toast your father. Great GMT too.

Comment

Mike D replied: That's a red one I love!
                  I know, you had the only other ever seen one in history, it's scarce as hen's teeth!

Comment

Today a oneofakind, Amphibia modded by Dave Murphy!

Comment

Nice one, Johan - love the bezel. Got out the Alpina pilot this morning.

Comment

Nice one, Johan - love the bezel. Got out the Alpina pilot this morning.
                        Classic pilot...very nice!

Comment

Thanks, Kurt!

Comment

Keith, that has got to be some great whiskey - I've only had Bushmills Red Bush and it's very smooth, but a 21 year old must be amazing. Great to toast your father. Great GMT too.
                            It is fantastic Very smooth (I do like red Bush - insert joke here) This whiskey is quite expensive and I never would have bought it for myself.
                            Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by James T. Kirk View Post
                              Today a oneofakind, Amphibia modded by Dave Murphy!

I do like that!
                              Keith

sigpic

Comment

Keith - lol. I did look that one up - if it's 21 years aged, you know that will command a high price. I don't normally buy bottles that are very expensive. My go to bourbon is usually Basil Hayden's, but I also like others in that range. As for Scotch, I like Bunnahabhain 12, Glenlivet 12, and Johnny Walker Black. Occasionally, something smoky like Laphroig or Ardbeg. As for Irish Whiskey, the Red Bush, Tullamore Dew, and Jameson's variants are nice.

This Christmas I got some really nice Hennessy XO Congnac and a bottle of a new favorite bourbon, Jefferson's Ocean Aged at Sea. I think the Bushmills 21 is even more than the Hennessy XO Cognac, which is around $200 a bottle. Given I don't drink whiskeys or cognacs very often, mostly I drink craft beer and wines, these will last me for years.
                                Last edited by Mike D; 01-22-2021, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X