Winding Question >>>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winding Question >>>

How much strain does it put on the crown to wind your watches regular , like everyday say, does it do the crown threads any harm or anything like that? What do you think guys?

Doesn't bother the crown or the crown threads on a screw down crown. The problems start with winding watches such as the ETA 2824, where the crown connects internally to the movement. Auto watches aren't made to be constantly wound - that's why they're autos. If you need to keep several up to date on time for a rotation, you should invest in a winder that handles multiple watches.
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
      Doesn't bother the crown or the crown threads on a screw down crown. The problems start with winding watches such as the ETA 2824, where the crown connects internally to the movement. Auto watches aren't made to be constantly wound - that's why they're autos. If you need to keep several up to date on time for a rotation, you should invest in a winder that handles multiple watches.
      I will get a winder i should of got one ages ago !

Comment

PS Actually i do have a winder but its only for 1 watch.

Comment

Yes, from what I have seen of your collection, it's time to up your game. Maybe a 3-5 watch winder
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
            Yes, from what I have seen of your collection, it's time to up your game. Maybe a 3-5 watch winder
            Yep i have a lot of watches !

Comment

Working...
            X