Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrist shot a la George >>>

JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Good pic, JP. Bet it feels a little strange like that, doesn't it? I've been wearing my watch under my wrist since about 1959 or 60. Picked up the habit from WW2 vets that were still serving in the military at the time. I thought it was cool. Later on, as an adult, I found out that wearing a watch under the wrist was one of the things that really pissed off George Carlin. I thought that was even cooler.

George
    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
      Later on, as an adult, I found out that wearing a watch under the wrist was one of the things that really pissed off George Carlin. I thought that was even cooler.

George
      Ha!
      JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Great pic, JP. George, I agree that would feel weird and it would take me a long time to get used to wearing them that way.

Comment

I have tried that..... can't do it.
          Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Well, it’s a lot less likely you’ll whack it on a door jamb!!

Comment

Great Shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                Well, it’s a lot less likely you’ll whack it on a door jamb!!
                But how about desk tops?
                "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Actually. Kurt. that's not a problem. I tend to put my wrist down on my desk on the side, not flat. I suspect most people do.

George
                  Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Thanks George. I had an uncle from York Pa. who had been a watchmaker for Hamilton in the
                    late 40's and early 50's. He wore his watch underneath and the crystal was so scratched you
                    could hardly see through it.

It was a yellow gold Hamilton Brooke.

:-)
                    "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
                      Good pic, JP. Bet it feels a little strange like that, doesn't it? I've been wearing my watch under my wrist since about 1959 or 60. Picked up the habit from WW2 vets that were still serving in the military at the time. I thought it was cool. Later on, as an adult, I found out that wearing a watch under the wrist was one of the things that really pissed off George Carlin. I thought that was even cooler.

George
                      I do it occasionally for a variety of different reasons: 1. Social gatherings. If you're sitting with your hands in your lap, a simple glance down will show you the time. You needn't raise and turn your wrist lest you appear bored. 2. Protect the watch against banging into things. 3. Driving. Left hand at 10:00. A quick glance at the wrist without taking your hand off the wheel.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X