No announcement yet.

Project Pocket Watch Part I - A Poll...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Pocket Watch Part I - A Poll...

Shown below are 4 watch dials. One is factory Hamilton, the others are custom.
    I'm working on a project with a center-seconds Hamilton movement.
    Which is your favorite? What do you like or dislike?
    ...all comments welcome:

1) Custom printed with former owner's name:

2) GCT dial:

3) Block numerals:

4) Gothic numerals:

I'll show you the direction this project is taking in future posts...at the time of writing, the movement is out being serviced.
    Here's a movement shot for reference:

1) Old school hand-made personalization
    50.00%
    2) Functional quasi-military
    0%
    3) Clean block numerals
    0%
    4) Gothic early-RR style
    50.00%
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 11-17-2020, 10:42 AM.

I like the Gothic style best, so I vote #4. All look good though - beautiful movement. Looking forward to learning more about the project.

Comment

#1 and #4 is a close second. Both fit the design of the case better than the more modern style.

George
      Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

I voted for #1. It would be an easy choice if the execution is done with great craftsmanship.
        Last edited by mosswood; 11-17-2020, 08:49 PM.

Comment

So will you have a new dial made or, are these the actual dials you have to choose from? Because I like the numerals on #4 and the minute track on #3.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
            So will you have a new dial made or, are these the actual dials you have to choose from? Because I like the numerals on #4 and the minute track on #3.
            Thanks for the comments and input so far, gents.
            The dials above are a combination of those readily available (some in my possession) and some very rare.
            I'm taking this watch in a very personal direction--using some components not intended for this movement, but in keeping with other 992B-based Hamilton watches.
            The cases pictured will not be retained.

Once this job is done, I'll share more photos...in the meantime, I will provide another update on the 4992B family and the case being used for my project.
            Last edited by Watch Carefully; 11-17-2020, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X